3d to 2d

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I have created a 3d render program for my TI86. It can do all the rotations and stuff like that. It will make the cube rotate in space.

Currently I take the x y z positions and I just ignore z and it graphs x and y. This of course doesn't give you a perspective. All I want to do is make a cube that I can rotate, I'm not even doing translations. The cube always stays in the center.

Without being able to test it in front of me, I'm not certain this will work, but I believe if you multiply the x and y values for each vertex by a factor determined by (z+n)/n where n is some arbitrary factor for the amount of perspective distortion you want, you'll get what you're looking for. n should be large enough that your lowest z value will still result in a positive number, and the higher the value of n, the less distortion there will be - adjust to preference. This method only works if your 'camera' is stationary and the vertecies rotate (ie: the positive z axis is always pointed at you)