sound went and got echo-crappified

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Pat

BANNED
Dec 14, 2001
A Bubble
in almost all games my sound is echoey, it is not as much in some games (soul reaver 2) and its HORRIBLE in some others (UT)
i have a soundblaster audio pci 128 and a geForce 2 and 256 ram on my comp 1.4 proccesser and winME
ive evan tried reformatting my comp. el helpo!

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
using d3d or opengl?
I've had this happen a few times; for instance unreal will startup and then immediately minimize itself. I bring it back up and it will be in a window (the window render is d3d) I'll have to maximize and (full screen =ogl) and the sounds will be craptasticly echoed. If it starts up w/o minimizing it's fine.
Try changing the rendering. might work...
or turn off reverb in the adv options

Pat

BANNED
Dec 14, 2001
A Bubble
well ill try but if my memery serves me it doesnt work right in non-accelerated eithre but here goes........ brb

hurray! sort of... it works fine in software exelleration.....now i gotta try OpenGL yay it works! but what will i do in d3d games?