News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Reviews > Nali City > Nali City - General Forums > Other Stuff

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th Jan 2002, 08:00 PM   #1
Claw
Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
 
Claw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 3rd, 2001
Posts: 929
ancient MOD needs help too

Dark Magic is a very old mod, developed for Unreal first. Although it was the only mod appoaching the issue of magic and still is the only one playable (I know only about Ultima Unreal, some Nali SP mod and the magic part in U4e) it seems difficult to get a few ppl interested into making the mod, while it seems extremly easy to interest scores of ppl in making yet another 'better' CS.

Dark Magic was a great mod when ZedZero made it, and it will be much better still. But a few modelers and texture artists wouldn't be amiss. For some reaon players care about the looks.

As for why it's worth the effort: The idea is to give the player more than just simple guns and random goodies lying around (or not if someone was there b4)
Instead, many spells are tools that give the player more options and make for a much more versatile gamplay (It's hard to defend a base if your enemy can just teleport past any defense)


Amusingly, I saw a number of mods that seem to have modelers and texture artists, but no coders to put the stuff to action.
__________________
Cogito Eggo Sum.
Claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2002, 08:13 PM   #2
Chrysaor
Lord of the Pants
 
Chrysaor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 3rd, 2001
Location: Hiding in your Attic
Posts: 3,018
What's your sig mean?
__________________
"Even the title of this thread is not consistent with its content." -ViSion
Chrysaor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2002, 08:14 PM   #3
Claw
Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
 
Claw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 3rd, 2001
Posts: 929
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrysaor
What's your sig mean?
It's a puzzle. If you solve it you will gain ancient wisdom.
__________________
Cogito Eggo Sum.
Claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2002, 08:25 PM   #4
BangOut
...smells like groin.
 
BangOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 4th, 2001
Location: Right behind you...
Posts: 3,035
it's latin for "I sit upon my White Throne of Poo"
__________________
<Hourences> the goal of life is being retard

<Robust> anyone know the latest patch number for ut2k3?
<NiNo> UT2k4

<OO7MIKE_> the topic that just keeps on growing.....like a summers morning erection while you lay next to your school teacher
BangOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2002, 08:57 PM   #5
Chrysaor
Lord of the Pants
 
Chrysaor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 3rd, 2001
Location: Hiding in your Attic
Posts: 3,018
Is it PC enough to ask an Old Latin teacher/friend i know?
__________________
"Even the title of this thread is not consistent with its content." -ViSion
Chrysaor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2002, 09:08 PM   #6
BangOut
...smells like groin.
 
BangOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 4th, 2001
Location: Right behind you...
Posts: 3,035
"I think, therefore I poo"
__________________
<Hourences> the goal of life is being retard

<Robust> anyone know the latest patch number for ut2k3?
<NiNo> UT2k4

<OO7MIKE_> the topic that just keeps on growing.....like a summers morning erection while you lay next to your school teacher
BangOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2002, 12:43 AM   #7
StoneViper
you can call me Mike
 
StoneViper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 3rd, 2001
Location: N43 03' 16" :::: W77 36' 03"
Posts: 1,907
Quote:
Originally posted by BangOut
it's latin for "I sit upon my White Throne of Poo"
Quote:
Originally posted by BangOut
"I think, therefore I poo"
What will BangOut say next......
__________________
StoneViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2002, 09:01 AM   #8
Balton
The Beast of Worship
 
Balton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar. 6th, 2001
Location: Berlin
Posts: 12,899
Re: ancient MOD needs help too

Quote:
Originally posted by Claw
Dark Magic is a very old mod, developed for Unreal first. Although it was the only mod appoaching the issue of magic and still is the only one playable (I know only about Ultima Unreal, some Nali SP mod and the magic part in U4e) it seems difficult to get a few ppl interested into making the mod, while it seems extremly easy to interest scores of ppl in making yet another 'better' CS.

Dark Magic was a great mod when ZedZero made it, and it will be much better still. But a few modelers and texture artists wouldn't be amiss. For some reaon players care about the looks.

As for why it's worth the effort: The idea is to give the player more than just simple guns and random goodies lying around (or not if someone was there b4)
Instead, many spells are tools that give the player more options and make for a much more versatile gamplay (It's hard to defend a base if your enemy can just teleport past any defense)


Amusingly, I saw a number of mods that seem to have modelers and texture artists, but no coders to put the stuff to action.
it is interesting. but why dont yout get the mod soon done when you dont need much textures, models and all that stuff? how about browsing all the site with models and you can email all the authors who look like they can perform your needed stuff. thats how I got an interesting group together... btw someday I need help of a lot of good coders...
__________________

"God made Hitler and Saddam!!! Not schnitzel and the bomb!!!"
- oosyxxx
Balton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2002, 10:10 AM   #9
@kuma
Alienator
 
@kuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar. 5th, 2000
Posts: 920
"I poo therefore I am"

nothing like a good dump to reassure you of your own exisitance, as a matter of interest Ghandi used to ask his followers about their daily bowel movements
@kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2002, 10:38 AM   #10
Balton
The Beast of Worship
 
Balton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar. 6th, 2001
Location: Berlin
Posts: 12,899
Quote:
Originally posted by @kuma
"I poo therefore I am"

nothing like a good dump to reassure you of your own exisitance, as a matter of interest Ghandi used to ask his followers about their daily bowel movements

ofcourse! How to organize a peace movement when one of your members is "blocked"???
__________________

"God made Hitler and Saddam!!! Not schnitzel and the bomb!!!"
- oosyxxx
Balton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2002, 01:21 PM   #11
Evil_Cope
For the Win, motherfather!
 
Evil_Cope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug. 24th, 2001
Posts: 2,078
what a load of ****.


anyway. we do need modelers.
ive emailed a couple of modelers from models i saw at skincity and bump a thread at polycount everynow and again. but bah_mee is so far the only one we have.
__________________
Evil_Cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2002, 01:28 PM   #12
@kuma
Alienator
 
@kuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar. 5th, 2000
Posts: 920
I think the 3 modellers who still play UT are all making 50,000 poly guns for real-world weapons mods

Or doing weird stuff like that pearman mod... there's not much talent left thats interested in anything UT releated

why not teach yourself modelling/skinmapping - it's a walk in the park after dealing with unrealed
@kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2002, 01:32 PM   #13
Balton
The Beast of Worship
 
Balton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar. 6th, 2001
Location: Berlin
Posts: 12,899
Quote:
Originally posted by @kuma
I think the 3 modellers who still play UT are all making 50,000 poly guns for real-world weapons mods

Or doing weird stuff like that pearman mod... there's not much talent left thats interested in anything UT releated

why not teach yourself modelling/skinmapping - it's a walk in the park after dealing with unrealed
why are you so nihilistic? Pearman looks funny... havent played it yet to judge...
__________________

"God made Hitler and Saddam!!! Not schnitzel and the bomb!!!"
- oosyxxx
Balton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2002, 01:34 PM   #14
@kuma
Alienator
 
@kuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar. 5th, 2000
Posts: 920
Vee are nihilists, vee believe in nothink

Vee **** you up ja?
@kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2002, 01:40 PM   #15
BangOut
...smells like groin.
 
BangOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 4th, 2001
Location: Right behind you...
Posts: 3,035
Now vee cut awff yoor Johnson!!!
__________________
<Hourences> the goal of life is being retard

<Robust> anyone know the latest patch number for ut2k3?
<NiNo> UT2k4

<OO7MIKE_> the topic that just keeps on growing.....like a summers morning erection while you lay next to your school teacher
BangOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2002, 06:46 PM   #16
Claw
Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
 
Claw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 3rd, 2001
Posts: 929
Re: Re: ancient MOD needs help too

Quote:
Originally posted by Balton.de

it is interesting. but why dont yout get the mod soon done when you dont need much textures, models and all that stuff?
Because we need LOTS of that stuff. Models, skins, and textures. Plus there is alot to be coded too. And some of us don't go to school anymore (blessed days, lots of free time)
__________________
Cogito Eggo Sum.
Claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Copyright ©1998 - 2012, BeyondUnreal, Inc.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
Bandwidth provided by AtomicGamer