Pics of my car...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Witty

I hear only yes.
Aug 6, 2001
Provo... somewhere in Utah.
Visit site
Ruffrider.... first off, the stock exhaust, which is what I'm talking about, sounds so incredibly weak... not even loud at full throttle. Second, Camaros and Firebirds stock exhaust is a big loud roar, without having to buy aftermarket exhaust, and their aftermarkets that I've heard are louder still. This is up for debate, as you can buy different exhausts, so lets drop that there. Third, didn't I say that they were Mustang GT's? I think I did. I know what a mustang GT is. I know that my car is faster than all the GT's that I've raced. I also know that the people driving them are quite competant drivers. Three of the GT's were stickshift and one was automatic. Two were 1998's (I know this because they are my friends), one was the new body style, and one was a 5.0. If you can't see past your muscle car bias (if you don't have one, stop reading now) and respect a car that is fast and incredibly cheap, then... well, you posted in the thred in the first place. :)

[Edit] As for the one on the dash, that was my front license plate, I took it off and put it there so the cops wouldn't b*tch ;) [/Edit]

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
The thing is though that your car is modified. The Mustangs you are racing are quite obviously NOT modified and if they were they would 0wn you easily. Mustangs are capable of A LOT of horsepower with modification.

Ruffrider

Feb 2, 2000
Citrus Springs, FL
Witty said:
Ruffrider.... first off, the stock exhaust, which is what I'm talking about, sounds so incredibly weak... not even loud at full throttle. Second, Camaros and Firebirds stock exhaust is a big loud roar, without having to buy aftermarket exhaust, and their aftermarkets that I've heard are louder still. This is up for debate, as you can buy different exhausts, so lets drop that there. Third, didn't I say that they were Mustang GT's? I think I did. I know what a mustang GT is. I know that my car is faster than all the GT's that I've raced. I also know that the people driving them are quite competant drivers. Three of the GT's were stickshift and one was automatic. Two were 1998's (I know this because they are my friends), one was the new body style, and one was a 5.0. If you can't see past your muscle car bias (if you don't have one, stop reading now) and respect a car that is fast and incredibly cheap, then... well, you posted in the thred in the first place.[/Edit]

Okay,
I may beleive you beat two 1998 Mustang GTs since they have the non PI heads and are pretty much slow as crap. The 5.0 is faster than a '98 GT, a lot faster actually. I do doubt that you beat a New Edge GT though, but if you did you did. I still say the driver couldn't drive right though, or he wasn't racing ;)
As for having a Muscle Car Bias, I will say this. I prefer them, but give respect to any car that is fast. I wasn't dissing your car or anything of the sort. I actually almost bought one when I first looking for a car, but I got an '88 Mustang GT instead. As for the stock Mustang Exhaust sounding mellow, there is a reason for that. 99% of Mustang buyer don't want thier car to sound loud, they want a deep mellow sound with no drone, or they just want a Mustang. As for the f-body cars... there is a reason they stopped making those :p.

-John

the~oreca

Retired.
Jul 10, 2000
NB, Canada
Here's my current "ride"...
It's not quite as fun as the old '92 Legend LS I had.
Oh well.

Attachments

• DSC08138.jpg
    DSC08138.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC08140.jpg
    DSC08140.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 23

Witty

I hear only yes.
Aug 6, 2001
Visit site
Nice rims, Oreca. Gonna do anything else to it?
Twisted: I spent a total of 1000 dollars upgrading my car, and 2000 dollars in buying it in the first place. New GT's cost (not sure) 20,000 plus dollars. True, they can be modified, as can mine (there's a TT version of my motor putting out 383 HP), but my car cost a LOT less and has exactly half the displacement of a new GT. My 2.3L, doubled to the GT size, would put out 450 horsepower, whereas GT's put out 260. I'm not saying this is possible or anything, but my HP/liter ratio is a lot higher.

Ruff, 5.0's are faster? I was under the impression that they were slower... the old 5.0 engine only put out 215 HP or so (it had a lot of low end, but so do the new ones), and besides, if it was faster, why did they switch to the 4.6? :confused:
And anyway, I'm planning on selling it at the end of school and buying either a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP and working on it, or getting a Chevy S10 4.3L and turbo-ing it (ala the Syclone and Typhoon of old) to get 300+ hp... but first I need money :D

the~oreca

Retired.
Jul 10, 2000
NB, Canada
Those rims on the EL are actually stock :eek:
They look damn nice and are pretty pricey, I think they go for 600$ each. (Canadian dollars)

Well the Legend was having some transmission problems for awhile (fixing it was about 2 grand). The Air Conditioning system had to be replaced to be functioning again (600$).
Those were the main reasons, other then that it's a very damn good car. A bit expensive on the gas, but that 3.2L V6 was built strong, it was getting near 300000km on it. I loved it, it drove really well, it was a tight car!
One last picture of it for my good times with it... :D

Attachments

• legend.jpg
    legend.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 18

Ruffrider

Feb 2, 2000
Citrus Springs, FL
Witty said:
Ruff, 5.0's are faster? I was under the impression that they were slower... the old 5.0 engine only put out 215 HP or so (it had a lot of low end, but so do the new ones), and besides, if it was faster, why did they switch to the 4.6? :confused:
And anyway, I'm planning on selling it at the end of school and buying either a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP and working on it, or getting a Chevy S10 4.3L and turbo-ing it (ala the Syclone and Typhoon of old) to get 300+ hp... but first I need money :D

The 5.0s were faster than the 96-98 Mustang GTs. The problem was that ford made a heavier car, with a motor that made less TQ and 10 more HP. The 96-98 GTs have really ****ty heads, I refer to them as the "Non-PI". They could barely even break into the 14s.
In 1999 Ford reworked the heads and changed the cam(s) pofiles a little bit and ended up with a car that was making 260(underrated)HP and 300lb/ft of TQ. These cars can be low 14 second/High 13 second cars with the right driver. This is when people finnally started to accept the 4.6 because it was faster than a 5.0.

I for one ran a 13.8 @ 102MPH when my car was bone stock. Now that I have 3.90 Gears, Pullies, O/R X-Pipe, Cat-back, Accufab TB and Accufab upper intake I run 13.2s... hoping to get 12s with some drag radials.

-John

BlAcK_PlAgUe22

I ooze.
Jul 30, 2001
Irvine, California
plague.vze.com
Witty said:
Nice rims, Oreca. Gonna do anything else to it?
Twisted: I spent a total of 1000 dollars upgrading my car, and 2000 dollars in buying it in the first place. New GT's cost (not sure) 20,000 plus dollars. True, they can be modified, as can mine (there's a TT version of my motor putting out 383 HP), but my car cost a LOT less and has exactly half the displacement of a new GT. My 2.3L, doubled to the GT size, would put out 450 horsepower, whereas GT's put out 260. I'm not saying this is possible or anything, but my HP/liter ratio is a lot higher.

I believe the saying goes "there's no replacement for displacement."

Witty

I hear only yes.
Aug 6, 2001
Visit site
^^^ true, that's how the saying goes... but it's not a true statement. If you do the same stuff to a high disp. engine as to a low disp. engine, of course the high is gonna have more power, but the sheer amount of power than you can get even with a small literage block is amazing. In the 80's, they had turbo'd F1 cars that were 1.8 liters putting out 1800-2000 horsepower.

I've actually never heard of a GT breaking into 13's stock, they're always listed at 14 even when I see it. And as for the Camaros/Firebirds being discontinued, it was because the Mustang was outselling them. I base this more on reputation, as the 2002 Camaros were low to mid 13's stock... They were more of a muscle car, whereas as you said the Mustang owners wanted a little more civilized beast. I'm not knocking Mustangs, I love them, and I've seen incredible things done to them, it's just that I loved my Camaros more....
And anyway, a car that can run low 14's for 3000? I'll take it :D That's all I'm really trying to say :)

novak

Oct 22, 2003
Visit site
What's so strange about that? I bought my first car all by myself when I turned 18. My parents haven't given me a single cent for my car.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
thewalkingman said:
So how many extra horsepowers do you get with those type R stickers?
Hey, it still can't touch my Grand Prix SS GTXRZ-Q!!!

One of my pet peeves is people making up car models, so i'm going to go ahead and leave this thread now.

Last edited:

Ruffrider

Feb 2, 2000
Citrus Springs, FL
kavoN said:
I bought my first car all by myself when I turned 18. My parents haven't given me a single cent for my car.

I bought my first car when I was 16, an '88 Mustang GT that I worked my ass off for. My parents helped me with the insurance when I blew all my money on mods.
Now Im '19 and have a 2003 Mustang GT, and Im handling all the payments and insurance right now by myself. So far so good :D