Rogue's Second Political Poll- Ah, the stupidity of school...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Are schools teaching children to accept fascism?

• Yes!

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Hell Yes!

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • I claim to be a liberal but instead support suppression of human rights and indoctrination of childr

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Jotun

RAR!
Sep 30, 2000
RAR!
ok so learning pointless facts and memorizing dates that you can easily find out by watching the History Channel or somewhat factual movies (i did say somewhat) like Saving Private Ryan, is more important than learning how to speak proper english and learning how to write? I'm sorry but if i'm not mistaken MOST colleges ask for an essay when you apply and you also need to write a Senior Thesis. Knowing when the Magna Carta was signed or who killed Caesar wont help you much then

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
You can't hear persuasive essays on the history channel. History isn't about events, its about why those events occur. For example: we know the people of Germany supported Hitler when he came to power. That isn't important. What is important is WHY. He primised them safety and security in exchange for their democracy and rights. Even though he gave them war instead, the youth of Germany willingly went off to war. Why? Because they were taught that speaking out against the state was wrong and that the state was always the ultimate authority. That might makes right, and sense the state has might, it is right. Where did they learn this? School.

This isn't just a paper where I right down a bunch of facts. My history teacher is one of the few cool teachers I have. He is extremely difficult (it is an advanced placement class after all) and has us write professional persuasive essays on the causes and results of events in U.S. history, not just worthless repetition of facts. He is also the only history teacher I ever had that ackowledges some of America's shady past, like the suppression of the freedom fighters in the Phillipines, that most schools like to convienently skip. Our papers have to up to the standard of a professional historian, so much so that he publishes A papers. For example, my last paper was a 12 page essay arguing that the National Security Agency is alone responsible for the Cold War because of its plan outlined in NSC-68. Tell me when I can watch something on that on the History Chanel

Jotun

RAR!
Sep 30, 2000
RAR!
ok, so quit complaining and just quit school then Rogue, since it's such a "Fascisit Zombie Machine". I'll be sure to flip ya a nickle when I see you lying homeless on the streets...

Jotun

RAR!
Sep 30, 2000
RAR!
quick qyestion, if you're so anti-fascist then why do you have a quote from the man who wrote "The Communist Manifesto"... the very man who started communism...

RogueLeader

Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
You bring up another good point, jotun: The consolidation of power in the educratic system. By forcing children into school as young as 5, when they are only first forming their political beliefs, when they can molded into zombies, and then forcing them to stay for their entire childhood years or face punishment in the form of being left out of a job, no matter how qualified you actually are, the government can force children to remain in the propoganda camps and further brainwash them.

I will make a great point for you, Jotun, if you do me a favor. Read Plato's The Republic. Once you are done, read SB73. Tell me if you find any similarities as far as education goes...

RogueLeader

Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
Why do I have a quote by Marx? Because communism is the opposite of fascism.

Communism
Democratic
Classless
Promotes Civil Liberties
Emphasis on the working class

Fascism
Autocratic
Ruling Class is Served by All Citizens
Belives civil liberties are threat to power of the state
working class is only there to serve the ruling class

As you can see the too are opposites. of course you have been taught that communism is fascism. Now consider, Jotun, WHERE were you taught this, and who would want you to think that...

Jotun

RAR!
Sep 30, 2000
RAR!
I apologize for my ignorance for this year I have a history teacher who's new to the school. I just had my facts mixed up.

BlueSniper

if today was yesterday, what's tomarrow?
Mar 6, 2001
comunism is when EVERYTHING belongs to the government. you cant oun anything. all your money, items, and family belongs to the government.

the reason america is doing so well and always has is because of free will. we stay away from comunism because it gives people NO reason to live. now liberals want us to go in that direction and give away everything we own to the government. if I ruled the world, I would dispose of all things goverenment and that means me. People should work towards getting our OWN money.

comunism might sound like a good idea, but it never works! obviously!

RogueLeader

Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
In communism the government owns nothing. The people own nothing. Everyone owns everything. In a true democracy there would be no government that is recognizable as a seperate entity from the people, because every single person would be the government. A republic is much more of an encroachment upon democracy than we tend to realize. With our modern technology we no longer need a republican system, we can move to true democracy.

BlueSniper

Mar 6, 2001
there will always be somebody who wants it all. and those people are those who rule the world.

"give a selfish man power and you will have a king"
-Solomon, son of david.

BlueSniper

Mar 6, 2001
okay you have stated the punnishment of the selfish,
what about the reward of the humble?

and besides, we are just humans.

nothing to loose our breath about.

AtomicAxis

PHD in keeping it REAL!!
Mar 13, 2001
Actually in the true form of Communism everything is owned by everybody not the state. Theoretically there are big warehouses with food and clothes in them. People go into these warehouses and take what they need. Electricty is free etc. etc. Communism in its purest form would actually be a cashless society in essesence with everyone working for free but getting what they need. However as seen so many times before this is never going to work for one simple reason - human greed.

Rogue I think that the English teacher that got you to write the essay was looking at your style and essay writing skills rather than anything else. I found that everytime there was a ****ty topic they were just making sure you could structure an essay properly.

How many people in your school? Because if there is a lot she probably doesnt know that you can write an essay (because of your history class). That is the issue I have with high schools. Because it is built to educate a body as opposed to an indivdual (thanks for that thunderchunkysboyz) it is very difficult for teachers to discuss all the pupils with other teachers. Was this a relatively new english teacher?

Jotun

RAR!
Sep 30, 2000
RAR!
Yes but it seems as if Stalin was more of a dictator than a true communist. Take the 5 Year Plan into consideration... a plan to radically industrialize Russia which failed miserably. He also KILLED farmers who were doing well... KILLED THEM was this for the people? He killed more people than he helped and that is the sad truth... communistic ideas are very nieve and will never work

RogueLeader

Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
Well, I have the essay here. She says that it is not a narrative essay so she cannot grade it. However, it meets all the requirements to be one. She seems to be mad at me because I say the subject is "insultingly pathetic", although in reading it in context I am actually refering to my own subject!

You see, the whole paper was written sarcastically. Basically, to not-so-subtly attack the lack of sleep I get beacuse of school, I do this:
My subject of the narrative essay was writing the narrative essay. The point of this paradox is that I can make fun of my own essay by saying things like, "Then I found I needed to write one more page but had nothing to say, so I decided to write this sentance to take up space.", which due to the irony of the subject makes sense. Meanwhile I criticize the school's schedule by saying "I couldnt' think of a better subject because I was so deprived of sleep I could no longer feel, or remember my name." She apparently did not pick up on this, and misunderstood my insults to my own subjects as an attack on her assignment.

And we are a big school, 3500 students.

Jarvis Hamilton

The Desert Eagle King
Feb 10, 2000
Directly behind you.
JEEZ

Ok, people. I must admit that RougeLeader does have a point. I think that project was pretty BS. But giving you a zero in the light of such a creative topic was not good. But don't attack the school system when you are only reffering to one school. In this world, many schools are diffrent and every teacher is unique. In this case, I kinda agree with you on your teacher's actions.

By the way, your scaring me again.
This makes me think that when someone under the alias "RougeLeader" bombs the white house I can say "Hey, I know that guy!"
Like I said, I'm a 100% US patriot.

By the way, also, communism cannot work due to human nature.
It looks good on paper, though.

AtomicAxis

PHD in keeping it REAL!!
Mar 13, 2001
I believe that is exactly what I said Jarvis.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH work is freaking boring at the moment.