Diablo III

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
So apparently, according to Blizzard, I am supposed to get an "Authenticator" to protect my battle.net account.

And of course this "Authenticator" is to be "Purchased" or I can use the free smart phone app...which would be nice if I owned a smart phone.
Sure, except people with Authenticator reported being hacked.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
I just started Nightmare yesterday and boy does the difficulty really ramp up. I had to bail from a couple encounters using my Witch Doctor 'cause I was getting overrun. Those champion and elite packs are not to be taken lightly.

The campaign did feel a little short after being used to 5 acts in Diablo 2 for so long, but I thought the story was actually pretty good. Also, unlike Diablo 2, I can't remember any location that I dread returning too, i.e. the maggot tunnels and basically all of Act 3's jungle.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I just started Nightmare yesterday and boy does the difficulty really ramp up. I had to bail from a couple encounters using my Witch Doctor 'cause I was getting overrun. Those champion and elite packs are not to be taken lightly.

The campaign did feel a little short after being used to 5 acts in Diablo 2 for so long, but I thought the story was actually pretty good. Also, unlike Diablo 2, I can't remember any location that I dread returning too, i.e. the maggot tunnels and basically all of Act 3's jungle.

Vanilla Diablo 2 has four acts, the fifth is from Lord of Destruction. Diablo 3 does feel shorter, though. Act IV in particular is really short and even Act III didn't take me very long to power through. I hope they'll add more content eventually, but I won't hold my breath. I'm still really enjoying this game.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
If they do add content it will surely be in expansion packs and not free addons.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Just got done playing some Torchlight 2 Beta.

Love it!

:D
Quick and painless isn't it. What class (classes) have you played?

Back on Diablo. I took the plunge last night and bought the game. Aside from taking about an hour to load the game everything else was smooth. I've not even played for an hour yet so I have no idea about lag or anything else. Game looks sweet. I just hope I won't run into any issues.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I expect an expansion in early 2014.

I think it took them a little over a year for the D2 expansion. I'd expect 2014 at the latest. Although, the Starcraft II expansion is taking a lot longer than originally expected so maybe you're right.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
I think it took them a little over a year for the D2 expansion. I'd expect 2014 at the latest. Although, the Starcraft II expansion is taking a lot longer than originally expected so maybe you're right.

I figure they'll want to stagger their releases to one a year.

WoW: Mists of Panda Tears -- Later 2012
Starcraft: Heart of the Swarm -- Mid 2013
Diablo 3 Exp -- Early 2014