Hardware installing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SandRock

Team Orbit
Nov 24, 2003
NeoCairo Temples
I need some help here...

My brother-in-law bought a new harddrive, but he has an out-dated MOBO, so it couldnt be used. So i got my old ATA-100 hd out of my pc, stuck his new one in mine. But when i installed my old one the mobo still couldnt detect it. So i got rid of the mobo and put in an old mobo i had lying around *newer then his*. But my brother did it before i could interfere. And he just unplugged everything of the old mobo and now im stuck with figuring out what cable goes where. Does anyone know where to find some kind of drawing which cable goes into what slot, or does it differ alot between various mobos? :S

Also if you put in a new harddrive do you need to change anything in the bios? its suppose to auto-detect it right?