Free public redirect project

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
I began a thread here:
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4789&p=50401#p50401
(I'm JackGriffin. Why? Google it)

Anyway I'm in price negotiations with BurstNet to set up a free pub redirect for UT. This will be for anyone to use but it will be geared to the admins running one or two servers and limited resources. Hopefully I'll have something that can be used by the weekend.

I just felt that the redirect was more important right now than the files. Without a resource for these smaller servers they will just close. Please guys, hang on just a couple of days, let me get this organized, and you can have a redirect that is useful and free for you.

I'd take some help too if you know file redirection. The upload site will need to be swept a couple of times a day, the files checked, and then added to the pub repository. A couple of trusted volunteers would be nice if you had time and knowledge of what needs done.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Update/Announcement:

First I'd like to thank Skillz for all that he has done for the community. UT-Files was a great resource and will be sorely missed.

One of the things that will kill UT online play is the lack of some sort of public redirect that admins with limited resources can use. UT-Files free redirect was important and it's closing really hurts.

I spoke with burst.net and purchased a package to provide free redirect service for anyone running a UT server. They are configuring the server as you read this and hopefully it will be live in the next 24 hours and available for your use.

Because this is happening so quickly I haven't had time to set up a proper gateway for the adding of compressed files. For now I have set up a private FTP server where admins can upload their redirects and then once I verify the contents they will be immediately placed onto the live redirect and be ready for use. Eventually I'll automate this but for now this will get you up and running if you need to use the service.

If you want to use this then just PM me (or drop me an email) and I'll send you FTP credentials and you can begin uploading your files. As quickly as burst has the server configured I'll begin uploading files into it (as will a couple of other admins) so within 48 hours it should be fully stocked and rolling.

Don't give up on UT if you depended on UT-Files. We can work together to overcome the loss.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Alright guys the redirect has now gone *LIVE* and files are being added as we speak. By tomorrow it will be in a usable state with enough files to make it worthwhile. I have approx. 25GB of stuff on upload.

Anyone may use this redirect and I urge it especially for those with limited resources. the redirect address is
Code:
http://66.197.194.21/redirect/
and you can watch as the files go in.

Now that you can see and taste it, don't be shy to get yours added too. See me and I'll get you sorted.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
.uz huh?

Guess .zip or .rar was too much to hope for.
000yp0rs.gif

I've got a .uz decompressor, just not fond of it.