3Dbuzz top 10 finalist so far

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Hay giz did you know this?

Timing power ups has been around since Halo 1.

edit: And Hyrage is correct in stating Halo and UT3 play the same way in a basic sense. Quite nitpicking, he is only talking about the overall picture. Of course they play different when you get down to the actual gameplay, it's what makes DM games different from each other D:

Last edited:

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
So I guess you agree that this map from Halo 2 (made by a pro) is way too complex for a 5 years old kid?

1113851030.jpg

I'm sorry, but it is first a remake... and second of all it's a poor map, plus it's using a hyper symetrical technique and basically it's 1/4 of a map multiplied to make a square. The point is... it is a pro map.

Sorry, but everytime I play Halo 2 and see that map at MLG I just can'T believe that people are spending money for that when we just can get 100 times better map by example with the UT3 community for free. :lol:

That map (Wizard I believe?) is good for Halo because it is nice and open with not alot of small debris or things that block smooth movement. It is a simple map with simple visuals but that doesn't make it bad. Halo is slow, floaty, and played with a controler which makes navigating harder compared to a PC.

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
TRIPLE POST: because 1 huge post can get kind of annoying to read :s

Really? Better make your own researches before assuming that kind of statements. I didn't only experienced the Unreal Franchise but I also played Quake 3 back in the days, played Soldier of Fortune 2 before the Gold patch at a level that you wouldn't even understand because only a few persons in the would or could experience that, but you must sacrifice an incredible amount of time & devotion... that is exactly the kind of experience where you can say... "yeah, it is possible to not even make the difference betwwen the player and the machine while playing" and also the only time you will see a player that could own a game because he creates everything, any reaction and can dodge bullets because the attack paths are so clear that it is far more easy to avoid bullets from pros that are aiming the head that it is to avoid random shots from noobs and when you can lean, crouch and jump, than it gives an incredible gameplay really close to, believe it or not... the movie "Equilibrium" with Christian Bale who recently made Batman: Dark Knight. It was so crazy that H E A D H U N T E R been banned from ALL the SoF2 online servers for frekently own 5 guys in a corridor with 2 shotgun shots and 3 burst shot three guys across the map trying to capture the flag.

Don't get too high and mighty D: I've easily seen this level of play and have friends who are at/above that level. Just because this is a community forum doesn't mean there aren't people here who are very good at Unreal and other games.

Oh yeah John Doe is good at gamez :0

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
That map (Wizard I believe?) is good for Halo because it is nice and open with not alot of small debris or things that block smooth movement. It is a simple map with simple visuals but that doesn't make it bad. Halo is slow, floaty, and played with a controler which makes navigating harder compared to a PC.

Making a map like that that looks the same everywhere isn't a very good point :( .

Yeah the map is opened and that's the problem, we start with BattleRifle (you can scope). If you go behind each platform and someone knows you are there.. grenade and boom you die. The movement are so slow that you can't avoid that. :(

The respawns are mostly bad, so you will have someone behind you in a few seconds :(

DeathoX 8

Beta Toaster
Jan 20, 2008

Quick SlainChild, go release a fix of Acquisition changing the Playercount! You should listen to the pro players to make the map as good as possible, make that 2 - 4 a 12 ASAP so you won't get laughed at loudly. Clearly you hadn't got any single idea of how UT 3 is played if you dared to write a 2 - 4 playercount in such a huge map. Remember, listen to the pros if you want to improve and create good maps! It's not like you are already one of the best UT 3 mappers, you have a lot of work to do if you want to understand UT 3 gameplay dynamics inserted in the envinronmental rules that the players can exploit using the bezier curves.

pinnacle

Jan 22, 2008
You look nervous. Is it the scars? You want to know how I got them? Come here. Hey, look at me. So I had a wife, beautiful; like you. Who tells me, I worry too much. Who tells me, I ought to smile more. Who gambles, and gets in deep with sharks. One day they carve her face. We have no money for surgeries. She can't take it! I just want to see her smile again. I just want her to know that I don't care about the scars. So I stick a razor in my mouth and do this... to myself. And you know what? She can't stand the sight of me! She leaves. Now I see the funny side. Now I'm always angry at Hyrage!

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
You look nervous. Is it the scars? You want to know how I got them? Come here. Hey, look at me. So I had a wife, beautiful; like you. Who tells me, I worry too much. Who tells me, I ought to smile more. Who gambles, and gets in deep with sharks. One day they carve her face. We have no money for surgeries. She can't take it! I just want to see her smile again. I just want her to know that I don't care about the scars. So I stick a razor in my mouth and do this... to myself. And you know what? She can't stand the sight of me! She leaves. Now I see the funny side. Now I'm always angry at Hyrage!

:lol::tup:

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
:lol:
Give yourself some times, you will love me :D :rolleyes: