Teleporter effects!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SuperSucka

Jun 4, 2004
Hi,

Just looking around maps and taking ideasfrom them.. im thinking HOW THE HELL THEY ARE DOING THAT COOL EFFECTS! *clears throat*

Look at the DM-Inferno map.. it has teleporter with lighting (not good in english) effects!! :mad: How can i make them? do someone have good tutorials for it?

SuperSucka

Jun 4, 2004

Umm.. i have another question.. how can i make lights glow? i looked every place for help but nothing could help! Maybe you can help? :)

DeVaToX

SAS Mapper
Mar 22, 2002
www.planetunreal.com
for the first question to make like teleporter effects or torches fires etc,, use the volumetric tool, and find the relevant texie make it none solid and transparent, u may also want to check the unlit box on the surface properties,

if u make a flame this way u may also want to put a small lava volume around it and tweak the pain damage, this way it will burn u if u touch it

u can also achieve this by using emitters, these can look alot more apealing and give better effects

for second question

to make lights glow u need to make a lense flare, this can be done by placing a light, choose a lense flare (some nice ones in the emitter.utx files) then open display/ properties of the light under skin add the lense flare texie u choose

the under lighting/properties of the light make sure bcorona=true, rebuild and u have glowing light

u may want to tweak its size under display/properties/drawscale,

The Punisher

[GU]Punisher, skiller and alien killer
Jan 15, 2005
do you mean the effects for the teleporter (e.g. funky glow and you walk into it and tele)? that's an emitter. there are many to choose from.