error upon installation

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fortran

Despite the name, I can't code.
Jan 19, 2002
At my computer
Visit site
My cousin keeps getting an error when he tries to install UT on his compter. The error is "You must close one or more running applications before setup can continue", or something like that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Hey, you got a lot of friends with install problems. Get new friends ;)

If he has any antivirusprograms running, tell him to disable them during the installation.

He should also scann for virus before he start the installation.

Run msconfig and look what programs starts with windows. A lot of them can be disabled. Check out this page

He might try any of the suggestions we gave you in your previous thread.

The Twiggman

Instagib 4 Life
I had this happen

I belive it was my second install of this game and when i went to install it, the CD would keep loading up the setup over and over until you would just have to take the CD out, so what i did was hold shift and then put it in so that it doesnt load up and then run setup by browsing the disk.
Quite a weird install.
All is well now.