Crysis 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Discuss.

Resources:
http://www.sosnewyork.com
http://www.crytek.com/
http://www.mycrysis.com

Personal comments: Campaign is amazing. Well-written, and overall a much more gripping story compared to the flat dialogue, uninspiring characters of Crysis 1. It's beefy. The character models are also much more visually impressive, as are the first-person weapon models, etc.

Verdict on Multiplayer: fun when you're in the game, but getting anything that launches is a BITCH. There is a no-suit mode called Classic, putting players in the boots of the military and PMC grunts.

For tweaks and console commands:

http://pastebin.com/Rzn7gjNb

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Am currently in the multiplayer alpha thingyjig they're running on the 360. It is definitely not as sharp looking on console as Crysis was on PC (Surprise!), but it is great looking and the game is fun. There is a bit of a learning curve in jumping into it, but you quickly get on your feet and the class system is solid and interesting. Unfortunately, they are only showing one small map right now and only a basic team deathmatch gametype, so I couldn't say anything about how that will work on larger, more awesome-scale levels.

~Jason

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
A few months ago I followed a link to submit your name and they emailed me the code.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I'm meh about it. I enjoyed Crysis single player (Warhead not so much) and I'm hoping I can get another decent experience out of this. Was never big on the multiplayer and judging from the beta footage I probably wont be again.

Not to start a lame tech debate, but IMO Crysis wasn't that poorly optimized relative to other games. Compared to most games it has way more going on: draw distance, sprites, triangles, high-res textures, shaders, physics, etc.

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Almost 1,000,000 triangles on screen at once if on the main portions of the island... the engine itself was pretty good, just the level of detail at extreme distances was kinda... yeah.

Back on topic... I hope the new writer does a good job.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I'm not looking forward to the multiplayer aspect for this game and I was pulled off by the videos for that. I'm all just about having a look on the improvements they've made from Crysis/Warhead and I'm hopping they will have an actual modding support this time around instead of trolling their community with false approximate dates.

I'm meh about it.

Like almost every games out this year or early 2011 you are!

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Meh I would have preferred a single player demo as I really don't give a **** about its multiplayer counterpart. Plus it would give me a good idea of how it would run on my rig.

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
I'm really not impressed by Crysis 2! I thought when Crytek announced Crysis 2: Hell yeah, more awesome graphics and hopefully a much more interesting gameplay (even when I liked the gameplay of Crysis)! But everything has changed. As you guys know, Crytek became famous by their wonderful natural environments like in Far Cry and Crysis and not by any apocalyptic or destruction idea. Sure it is something new, but take a closer look at Crysis 2. The game doesn't look better than Crysis, the singleplayer will be much shorter and the multiplayer won't be that great thing. And the greatest thing I already hate is, that the demo will be exclusive for consoles available, at least probably.

Even when I got a couple of negative thoughts about Crysis 2, I'll be keeping an eye on it and wait until it is out. I won't buy it, when it is out, I will check screenshots by people, who have bought it then. If those screenshots and impressions do not interest or motivate me, I don't give a **** then!

Last edited:

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Given how amazingly weak Crysis was in every aspect other than visuals (which noone could run the game with anyway), I'm not sure why anyone here is even bothering with Crysis 2. The gameplay was very weak and the 'story' was a case of "Save people from evil Koreans! Oh look! ALIENS LOL"...

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Crysis gameplay was pretty OK. I had fun with it.

Didn't like the scope wobble, didn't like a lack of crouch toggle (even when you add it to the config file, the whole Sprint/Stand/Crouch system stopped working correctly), and the campaign was too short.
Yeah, the story was generic, but at no cost.

At least this time we all should be able to run Crysis 2, instead of waiting impatiently for 2015 to arrive.
That is, if they don't totally botch the PC version.

Last edited:

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Just play the demo when it's available. THEN you'll know if you like it or not, at least as far as visuals and multiplayer go. If you care about what happened in between the island and new york, you really shouldn't. Don't be predisposed against it, as it's obviously an improvement. While you did have huge island vistas to look at, the indoor environments in Crysis 2 were pretty impressive as well, they didn't use just one giant light to create the effects indoors.

I played the multiplayer demo on the 360... and let me tell you the vertical aspect brought to the gameplay is really enjoyable. The multiplayer component has vastly improved over both Crysis Wars and the original's. The only thing missing from New York would be tanks and helicopters. Thus far, I've become an addict. It still has about the same amount of weapons available to the player's disposal, if not a few more, and still has excellent effects. Of course, when it's available on PC, I'll download the Demo and see how much better it looks with full settings.

The demo is rumored to arrive on PC some time in February.

It was obvious what was going to happen after the end of Crysis and Warhead. Humans were going to be overrun. The nuke did nothing but expand the bubble. Nomad is not the main character anymore, unfortunately. He was assigned elsewhere. Alcatraz is the new guy sporting the Nanosuit 2.0. Gotta say though, fighting that warship with all the scouts flying by was pretty crazy.
If anything, the story in Crysis 2 will be streamlined. They have a REAL writer, as opposed to one of those dudes you find who happens to write in his spare time.

The only thing I don't get is why the aliens aren't freezing everything like they did on the Lingshan island.

Also: if you're an artist, and you've been painting landscapes of tropical islands for the past 10 years of your life, wouldn't you want to expand to try something different?

Last edited: