Ut locks up on cd check

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guysmily

Nov 30, 1999
Chicago, Il, USA
Visit site
my friend just bought unreal tournament. he got it home installed it on his k6-3 450, 128 megs of ram, and a voodoo3 3000. every time he tries to run it, it crashes on the cd check. he has tried updating his system bios, but that did not work. he also has the latest drivers for his voodoo card, and dx7. could dx7 be causing the problem? has anyone else run into this. It's very frustrating.
any answers will be helpful.

thanks

rmurray

Dec 2, 1999
Visit site
I have the same problem, and I do have the latest DX7 installed. Actually, the game will start, it just takes about 12 minutes to do so! Have your friend start it, go get a cup of coffee, and come back 15 minutes later. If it's up, we're fighting the same prob. I have also updated all my drivers. The catch seems to be that the CD is on a Promise Ultra66 IDE controller, not the one on the motherboard, which is disabled. I haven't gotten around to trying to plug the CD in to the default controller yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.