It lives...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
Looks like that guide is for using the integrated chip in addition to another vid card

Okay so there is no dedicated GPU. I would start from the bottom and turn down all of your settings, remove your OGL/D3DX9 settings from UT.ini and see what kind of frame rates you get with "timedemo 1." Do you have S3TC textures installed? I don't see why you can't get 720P @ 60 fps.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
I really have no need these days for anything more than ordinary. I don't game (exception being a recent reboot of a 15 year old game :D) nor do I do any other resource intensive work that needs anything more than what I've got. :eek:

^ I just can't believe this is kicking my ass. :( And kitchen table?! Laptop?! 1366x768?! I am seriously going to start crying now when I get beaten by you Sparky. :p

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
^ I just can't believe this is kicking my ass. :( And kitchen table?! Laptop?! 1366x768?! I am seriously going to start crying now when I get beaten by you Sparky. :p

Ha. I haven't had a proper desk in... 8 years. My laptop use is on the couch. For UT I need to bring out a keyboard and mouse, that requires a surface and a chair. Kitchen table it is!

I'm sure if it came down to machine vs machine I'd lose miserably. But when we're talking about the connection between the chair and keyboard that's where things get a bit more interesting :lol:

Last edited:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
I take some solice in the fact that I was beat with a mouse and not with a touchpad.

No way could I play with a touchpad. No sir.

Rip, didn't you play with a joystick back in the day? Do you still? I think tannji did too. Or it was just him. Hard to remember exactly.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
No way could I play with a touchpad. No sir.

Rip, didn't you play with a joystick back in the day? Do you still? I think tannji did too. Or it was just him. Hard to remember exactly.

Did I play with a JOYSTICK??? Just how low has your opinion of me become Sparky?! :( Now people even think that back in the day I played with a JOYSTICK. I used to be one of the best I tell you, one of the best! Don't like at me like that!!! lol. The best if you ask me. ;) What, you're not asking me? *grumble* It was only Tannji that played with a joystick, and he lost it before it got better. :eek:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Did I play with a JOYSTICK??? Just how low has your opinion of me become Sparky?! :( Now people even think that back in the day I played with a JOYSTICK. I used to be one of the best I tell you, one of the best! Don't like at me like that!!! lol. The best if you ask me. ;) What, you're not asking me? *grumble* It was only Tannji that played with a joystick, and he lost it before it got better. :eek:

Well I was thinking if you played with one then and a mouse now that would explain why you went from 1337 then to 1335 now. :lol:

My memory of these sort of details isn't very good. There are bits here and there that pop up. Some thoughts get mixed together.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
Well I was thinking if you played with one then and a mouse now that would explain why you went from 1337 then to 1335 now. :lol:

My memory of these sort of details isn't very good. There are bits here and there that pop up. Some thoughts get mixed together.

:mad: Okay that's it, I am going CRUSH YOU! Eventually. Sometime. In the future, you know. Hopefully while you still remember that rockets go down and not up. :D

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
The ladies (kid and wife) will both likely be snoozing by 9. I should be able to hop on tonight around then, give or take a few minutes.

While I've riled up Rip and it will be fun to own him one on one with my Pentium II 13" laptop running Win95 I'd still love to see as many people on as possible ;)

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
The ladies (kid and wife) will both likely be snoozing by 9. I should be able to hop on tonight around then, give or take a few minutes.

While I've riled up Rip and it will be fun to own him one on one with my Pentium II 13" laptop running Win95 I'd still love to see as many people on as possible ;)

Win95! I pounce on weakness. What can I put on my server to screw him up.... :lol:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Kid needed/needs tending to so I'm out tonight gents. Too bad, I was about to turn it up on osk and teach him a thing or two :p

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
I turned on OBS before the start of that last shortened game. The quality is better in the original file. It lost some quality uploading to Youtube.

Better than the others I've uploaded I think.

[M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVg3oegKmpc[/M]

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
Kid needed/needs tending to so I'm out tonight gents. Too bad, I was about to turn it up on osk and teach him a thing or two :p

How did this turn into an Oskeno thing?! lol The build up from yesterday suggested a Sparky vs Rip thing!! lol

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
I turned on OBS before the start of that last shortened game. The quality is better in the original file. It lost some quality uploading to Youtube.

Better than the others I've uploaded I think.

[M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVg3oegKmpc[/M]

I see how it is, leave right when it's starting to get good!! :)

The quality of the video is a vast improvement over your other ones. I think you have found the sweet spot. Although, my eyes would have liked to see 720@60 :p

Looking forward to tonight! :sniper:

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
Rippy poo refused to join as a player :eek: so you became the guy.

The_Guy_by_ChapterAquila92.jpg