It lives...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
I believe my aim is on the road to recovery...... last night I took all the weights out of my mouse. I had it full of them. What a difference.... makes sense, now I think about it, weighting it is stupid when you barely move your wrist! Heavier = slower moving = less response, and jerking it with the sensitivity up high to compensate was too much.

That mutator looks cool Maest, doubt it would work with EO though. :-( I wish there were some other bot mutators to try that would!

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
I need to tweak something in relation to mouse sensitivty. The slightest movementioned has me kerning all over. I lowered the setting way down in UT but it barely made a difference. Maybe I have it set super high in windows. Or I just suck. Id like to believe I can blame it on something else though. :)

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
I need to tweak something in relation to mouse sensitivty. The slightest movementioned has me kerning all over. I lowered the setting way down in UT but it barely made a difference. Maybe I have it set super high in windows. Or I just suck. Id like to believe I can blame it on something else though. :)

There's a few different places you can check at least hehe. Some mice have a DPS setting themselves by button press usually indicated by a series of lights to show how high you have it set, then of course within Ctrl Panel, and also in-game. Check to see if you have any mouse software running. Make sure you have Mouse Smoothing and Direct Input turned off in-game, and I actually have Enhance Precision turned on in my Ctrl Panel Pointer Options and my speed jacked way up, but I play on a big screen. I have in-game set to 1.60 right now and my mouse on the middle DPI setting. Those settings are in User.INI as well (Smoothing, Sensitivity). :) But..... you know..... your sniping is still better than mine. *cries*

Last edited:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
There's a few different places you can check at least hehe. Some mice have a DPS setting themselves by button press usually indicated by a series of lights to show how high you have it set, then of course within Ctrl Panel, and also in-game. Check to see if you have any mouse software running. Make sure you have Mouse Smoothing and Direct Input turned off in-game, and I actually have Enhance Precision turned on in my Ctrl Panel Pointer Options and my speed jacked way up, but I play on a big screen. I have in-game set to 1.60 right now and my mouse on the middle DPS setting. Those settings are in User.INI as well (Smoothing, Sensitivity). :) But..... you know..... your sniping is still better than mine. *cries*

I was used to being able to hit flying targets pretty regularly back in the day. Even a few years ago when I installed UT and played for a few weeks I could hit a flying target. Now I'm hardly hitting anything in the air. Most of my sniper kills are walls or timing landing/jumping to hit on the ground. MUST BE PERFECT.

Thanks for the mouse tips. I'm going to look into it. I had in-game speed set to 3.5 and reduced it to 2.5 (incremental reductions) but noticed no difference.

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
My major gripe was that my dot crosshair that used to be nice and crisp when I played at a 1024x768 resolution was giant and blurry at 1680x1050. I found a fix here.

But it took me a while to actually find out where my real user.ini was. Apparently, when UT is installed on newer Windows 7 systems, it makes a user.ini in the old \Program Files\Unreal Tournament\System folder but it does not allow the program to edit them. The real user.ini is in \Users\Brett\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\UnrealTournament\System. That also means that I was actually taking screenshots successfully. ;)

I haven't touched my settings otherwise besides basic weapon keybinds. Default sensitivity seems good on my setup. Need to get *attack* and *defend* voice commands in there though.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Odd, all my stuff is in the old default folder.

I'm going to try out that crosshair. I can't take screen shots at certain resolutions, I had to bind a setting to lower resolution, take a shot then put it back higher. I bound the attack/defend stuff but not where I used to have it. I can't quite remember those, so I don't hit them very easily. Need to move them and tweak that.

My major gripe was that my dot crosshair that used to be nice and crisp when I played at a 1024x768 resolution was giant and blurry at 1680x1050. I found a fix here.

But it took me a while to actually find out where my real user.ini was. Apparently, when UT is installed on newer Windows 7 systems, it makes a user.ini in the old \Program Files\Unreal Tournament\System folder but it does not allow the program to edit them. The real user.ini is in \Users\Brett\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\UnrealTournament\System. That also means that I was actually taking screenshots successfully. ;)

I haven't touched my settings otherwise besides basic weapon keybinds. Default sensitivity seems good on my setup. Need to get *attack* and *defend* voice commands in there though.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
MÆST, if it matters to you at this point I think you can fix the issue of which path things go to with the registry. I've seen a tool called UT99 Regfix that is supposed to correct the issue, but I never had it.

I think the following registry value is what needs to be corrected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technology\Installed Apps\UnrealTournament
Folder should be set to C:\UnrealTournament

BigGeorge22

Nov 28, 2014
Well it is good to see some familiar names here. MAEST, Sparky, ShatteredX, Oskeno, RIP, Dagger. Once I figure out what's wrong with my emc.clark.kent forum account I will use that again. Until then I do hope UT4 takes off.

I thought UT3 was a great game, no of the best that no one played! :-(

Clark

Last edited:

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
Well it is good to see some familiar names here. MAEST, Sparky, ShatteredX, Oskeno, RIP, Dagger. Once I figure out what's wrong with my emc.clark.kent forum account I will use that again. Until then I do hope UT4 takes off.

I thought UT3 was a great game, no of the best that no one played! :-(

Clark

Great to see you too. You may be able to PM one of the forum admins to get it reset or post a thread over in the help section.

I played a little 2k4 but didn't get too into it. Mostly got sucked into Red Orchestra which started at a UT2k4 mod but then became a standalone game and sequal. Quite fun but as a realistic WWII shooter a little different than EO.

Right now most of us have reinstalled UT EO and are playing semi frequently but we'd also like to coordinate an EO version for UT4 which is currently being alpha tested with open community testing and feedback. I know Dagger registered here but he hasn't stopped by to say hi. He had mentioned to me that he'd be interested in developing a version or EO for UT4 but I don't know what kind of schedule we are looking at or if there's anything we can do to help or if it's worth recruiting any outside coding help.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Great to see you too. You may be able to PM one of the forum admins to get it reset or post a thread over in the help section.

I played a little 2k4 but didn't get too into it. Mostly got sucked into Red Orchestra which started at a UT2k4 mod but then became a standalone game and sequal. Quite fun but as a realistic WWII shooter a little different than EO.

Right now most of us have reinstalled UT EO and are playing semi frequently but we'd also like to coordinate an EO version for UT4 which is currently being alpha tested with open community testing and feedback. I know Dagger registered here but he hasn't stopped by to say hi. He had mentioned to me that he'd be interested in developing a version or EO for UT4 but I don't know what kind of schedule we are looking at or if there's anything we can do to help or if it's worth recruiting any outside coding help.

I say we lock him in a room and only provide him with food/water when he finishes a section of code. It could work...

Nov 25, 2000
man EO was some good times.

I've been trying to remember everyone looking at all these names. Rip and MotionMan got me into EO. umm... TANNJI. I hated that guy and his enforcers... it's all coming back to me now 8)

Rahuah

Jan 21, 2008
Tannji is definitely one of the oldest EO players that I can remember, was the first person to kill me with the green cheese gun, but he didn't use the enforcers a lot until way later. Some names I remember from way back when, before any EO clans were formed most of which are / were members of the first EO clan CFH.

Frag King-Anime (Rip)
Motion Man (He used a different name in the early days, Rocket Tw@t or something. :p)
Herk ( He used a different name too, I think it was Whatever)
T-Boot (Played off and on for a long time then just disappeared)
Alanon ( I always thought this was you Shat, dude could snipe like a mother F@(#r)

Last edited:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
I PM'd tannji on the UT forums. Hopefully he sees it and is interested in checking if his enforcers still fire.

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
Tannji is definitely one of the oldest EO players that I can remember, was the first person to kill me with the green cheese gun, but he didn't use the enforcers a lot until way later. Some names I remember from way back when, before any EO clans were formed most of which are / were members of the first EO clan CFH.

Frag King-Anime (Rip)
Motion Man (He used a different name in the early days, Rocket Tw@t or something. :p)
Herk ( He used a different name too, I think it was Whatever)
T-Boot (Played off and on for a long time then just disappeared)
Alanon ( I always thought this was you Shat, dude could snipe like a mother F@(#r)

Probably worth mentioning that you might better be remembered as the Chiln_Viln ;)

Rahuah

Jan 21, 2008
Probably worth mentioning that you might better be remembered as the Chiln_Viln ;)

Yeah, or on Facebook by my real name, Edward. There is a UTEO group of about 30 of us on FB, admined by Michael (Dagger), if any of you feel inclined to join. Probably the best way to keep in contact. Even if only just to discover the faces to the names. :con: :cheers:

Last edited:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
I got a little time to waste so I am going to hop on and play now if anybody is available to join me.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Sorry I left early folks. All connections here dropped for about a minute, TV and all. I wss shut down by the time it came back up. Fun times!!

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
Sorry I left early folks. All connections here dropped for about a minute, TV and all. I wss shut down by the time it came back up. Fun times!!

Yeah, I can't say how awesome it is to see 3v3's and 4v4's again in EO! Honestly, if you had asked me a few weeks ago, I'd have bet the farm it would never happen again hehe.

I still feel like my mouse is some foreign object I can't begin to grasp..... lol. Osk, I'm amazed you've gotten your aim back to such a godly degree, truly impressive man. You've eclipsed us all. ;-) Really, it's shocking to me that everyone is coming back to this with so much ability. Even Dave who'll pretend he doesn't know how to play anymore, when he showed up (before leaving me to get beaten bloody beyond recognition) he immediately stole the thunder! :)

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Yeah, I can't say how awesome it is to see 3v3's and 4v4's again in EO! Honestly, if you had asked me a few weeks ago, I'd have bet the farm it would never happen again hehe.

I still feel like my mouse is some foreign object I can't begin to grasp..... lol. Osk, I'm amazed you've gotten your aim back to such a godly degree, truly impressive man. You've eclipsed us all. ;-) Really, it's shocking to me that everyone is coming back to this with so much ability. Even Dave who'll pretend he doesn't know how to play anymore, when he showed up (before leaving me to get beaten bloody beyond recognition) he immediately stole the thunder! :)

Last night was great. It was pretty intense how many of us were on. I didn't expect 4v4 going on, especially without any prior planning.

It was a blast. Osk's aim is great. I played some 1v1 with him a few nights ago and it was a blast. Mine isn't so bad. Occasionally I get some ping spikes. I've learned at this point that speed is my go-to. MY FLAG, MINE!

DT is a shark. He'll act all coy and tell you he's out of it and then BAM you've got feces smeared on your face.

Also I hate you and your shock rifle. I always have. Apparently the minigun has become your third choice for pissing me off :D, translocator being #2.