It lives...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
Good games over the weekend. I had a lot of fun! Attached is a screenshot of me and Rip vs Sparky and Maest. I believe they had beaten us 7-4 on Bloodlust the previous map. GGs all around guys! We should do it again this weekend with more people! :)

Attachments

• bollwerk.jpg
    bollwerk.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Good games over the weekend. I had a lot of fun! Attached is a screenshot of me and Rip vs Sparky and Maest. I believe they had beaten us 7-4 on Bloodlust the previous map. GGs all around guys! We should do it again this weekend with more people! :)

Count me in. Going to pick up a keyboard so I feel a bit more comfortable moving around and switching weapons. Might be available a night or two this week if any of you are.

We definitely need to get some more players on. The 2v2s were a blast. I need to shake off this rust. Especially with the sniper. :sniper:

Would have stayed on a bit longer with you guys this weekend but I had to tend to the little one ;)

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
I'll probably have some time to play in about 20 minutes. If anybody is up for playing I'll either be on Rips server or paint somewhere. I'll sit in the irc chat room and watch this thread as well as Facebook if anybody is looking to reach out.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Hey Rip,

If you have a chance; could you reenable bots? Last night wanted to get some practice in but without bots it wasn't happening for me. Not necessarily the bots vs humans as that proved to be a pain on the weekend when there were a few of us, but at least enough to make 2 or 4 total players (make em competitive too).

I appreciate you having the server up and having an opportunity to frag even a little with you guys. If you just want to leave it as is that's fine with me :-D - Thanks.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
Hey Rip,

If you have a chance; could you reenable bots? Last night wanted to get some practice in but without bots it wasn't happening for me. Not necessarily the bots vs humans as that proved to be a pain on the weekend when there were a few of us, but at least enough to make 2 or 4 total players (make em competitive too).

I appreciate you having the server up and having an opportunity to frag even a little with you guys. If you just want to leave it as is that's fine with me :-D - Thanks.

Of course, I'll try bots on 10 min players that leave when a 2nd person joins. I have to add back the mutator into the ini that makes them all leave based on player count, so it'll be a little before I can do it, but I'll let you know. I really wish I could get the humans vs bots mutator to disable itself when the bots leave. :-( There are some others like it I might try later. I had one working once that made the bots look and play like humans, might try it again.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Of course, I'll try bots on 10 min players that leave when a 2nd person joins. I have to add back the mutator into the ini that makes them all leave based on player count, so it'll be a little before I can do it, but I'll let you know. I really wish I could get the humans vs bots mutator to disable itself when the bots leave. :-( There are some others like it I might try later. I had one working once that made the bots look and play like humans, might try it again.
It's all very much appreciated. Dat nostalgia!

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
Okay; put bots on, that leave when a 2nd player joins (and rejoin when it's back to 1 player), that are also supposed to be much smarter and behave like humans. Some feedback/testing would be appreciated. :)

They don't seem to know how to return the flag.... or use the translocator anymore.... and mostly prefer the flak. lol. Not looking good. Going to disable another mutator and see if that helps with the translocating, but yeah, some feedback on whether you prefer these bots or the regular would be appreciated.

Last edited:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
rip,
not sure if you noticed but it looks like random redeemers are going off lol
Seems to have been just me. Although I saw about 20 instances, after reviewing a demo in which I was sure to have captured it there was nothing. Perhaps I need to move my bedtime to 9pm :eek:

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
lol Sparky. ;-)

I took the new bots off.... there were many things to like about them, but the issues were too glaring. So now it's regular bots. And I'm still trying to get the mod to work that makes them leave on a 2nd player join. You know, the bot AI in UT really is amazing, especially for its time....

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Which mods have you used for the bots? I was up in the middle of the night reading up on a few. Curious if they're ones you've already tried.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
Which mods have you used for the bots? I was up in the middle of the night reading up on a few. Curious if they're ones you've already tried.

FerBotz is the one I was playing with. It's supposed to be the best and very difficult to install server-side, but I had it installed correctly, it's just that they didn't perform well in EO, I guess. I really wanted to make it work but oh well. I didn't really see any others that improved bot AI in a general way. If you have any suggestions I'm willing to try them! Now I'm just trying to get a mutator called MyBots working that will cause the regular bots I'm back to using to all leave when a 2nd player joins. I had it working fine before. :-\ I also have a mutator called TranslocBots on that does improve their translocating some, even in EO. They will trans to places you thought you were safe and kick your ass! Right now I only have them on Masterful. Oh, and before I was using Humans vs Bots, which was fun sometimes, but with it on players were always stuck on the same team even after the bots had all left heh.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
FerBotz is the one I was playing with. It's supposed to be the best and very difficult to install server-side, but I had it installed correctly, it's just that they didn't perform well in EO, I guess. I really wanted to make it work but oh well. I didn't really see any others that improved bot AI in a general way. If you have any suggestions I'm willing to try them! Now I'm just trying to get a mutator called MyBots working that will cause the regular bots I'm back to using to all leave when a 2nd player joins. I had it working fine before. :-\ I also have a mutator called TranslocBots on that does improve their translocating some, even in EO. They will trans to places you thought you were safe and kick your ass! Right now I only have them on Masterful. Oh, and before I was using Humans vs Bots, which was fun sometimes, but with it on players were always stuck on the same team even after the bots had all left heh.

I think that all pretty much sums up what I was looking at. Super good bots that can translocate should make it at least a bit more of a test =)

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
Bots are fun and all ... But do want to arrange an "EO Bloodbath" time this weekend and try and get as many people on?

Post your availability and time zone, and we'll pick a few to publicize.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Bots are fun and all ... But do want to arrange an "EO Bloodbath" time this weekend and try and get as many people on?

Post your availability and time zone, and we'll pick a few to publicize.

Yes.

I'm EASTERN. I can almost fully commit to anything after 8pm tonight and the same tomorrow. The kid is usually asleep around 7:30/8 and done for most of if not the entire night. The wife is not far behind her lol

How about you? I'll post a "schedule" of sorts to the UTEO page on Facebook to see how many of them can join in.

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
Yes.

I'm EASTERN. I can almost fully commit to anything after 8pm tonight and the same tomorrow. The kid is usually asleep around 7:30/8 and done for most of if not the entire night. The wife is not far behind her lol

How about you? I'll post a "schedule" of sorts to the UTEO page on Facebook to see how many of them can join in.

Here's the official bloodbath event thread.

Go ahead and share it and invite people to these forums so we can get an idea of preferred times.

Does everyone have steam now? I made a steam group you could all join and get pop-up notices when things are starting.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/UTEO

Last edited:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Don't have steam but I could sign up.

Going to post go FB and link to the thread as well as steam group.