Battle-Field 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
As anything could go any ****tier

So yeah I know this is a BF3 thread but there's a lot of Origin talk in here

Found this in the Escapist forums

If you read the End User License Agreement for Origin it states that by installing Origin you're giving EA the right to monitor your PC and to make a profile of you, including what programs you have installed (and whether you have any illegally downloaded material), what websites you use, etc., and that EA reserves the right to share or sell this information to third parties.

EULA states so
Don't know if people know this or not.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Of course they wouldn't know it, because people never read EULA's

Also if I am not mistaken, doesn't Valve to this with Steam to a certain extent? Is EA really that much worse?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
You can opt-out of the Steam hardware survey which does something similar to this. The difference is, Valve takes a snapshot. EA apparently "monitors" it.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Minimum System Requirements
PROCESSOR: 2 GHZ DUAL CORE (CORE 2 DUO 2.4 GHZ OR ALTHON X2 2.7 GHZ)
MEMORY: 2 GB
HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
GRAPHICS CARD (AMD): DIRECTX 10.1 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 SERIES, WITH ATI RADEON 3870 OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
GRAPHICS CARD (NVIDIA): DIRECTX 10.0 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 SERIES WITH NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
SOUND CARD: DIRECTX COMPATIBLE
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
DVD ROM DRIVE

Recommended System Requirements
PROCESSOR: QUAD-CORE CPU
MEMORY: 4 GB
GRAPHICS CARD: DIRECTX 11 COMPATIBLE WITH 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 OR ATI RADEON 6950)
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
DVD ROM DRIVE

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
Minimum System Requirements
PROCESSOR: 2 GHZ DUAL CORE (CORE 2 DUO 2.4 GHZ OR ALTHON X2 2.7 GHZ)
MEMORY: 2 GB
GRAPHICS CARD (AMD): DIRECTX 10.1 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 SERIES, WITH ATI RADEON 3870 OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
GRAPHICS CARD (NVIDIA): DIRECTX 10.0 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 SERIES WITH NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
DVD ROM DRIVE

Recommended System Requirements
PROCESSOR: QUAD-CORE CPU
MEMORY: 4 GB
GRAPHICS CARD: DIRECTX 11 COMPATIBLE WITH 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 OR ATI RADEON 6950)
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
DVD ROM DRIVE

So you're saying I need a new video card...

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
So the beta has started for folks who preordered it (which I did). Here are some thoughts:

First: the browser is an ungodly abomination. Let me rephrase this: the browser is your web browser. When you launch the game, it doesn't launch the game, it launches a webpage. Filtering on the webpage sucks. It manages to somehow be worse than the BC2 browser (though, not much). The good thing is that once if finds and connects you, you're in lickety split. Of course, you haven't been able to adjust your video/sound/control options, and you won't get to until you are IN THE GAME. If you die, sorry, you can't fiddle with them from the death menu. WHY DO YOU HATE GAMERS EA? WHY?

So, um, I don't care for the browser. The game, however, is excellent so far. Looks fantastic, sounds fantastic, plays a LOT like BC2 Rush. The map available has no vehicles and is just a rush thing, but it is plenty of fun and gameplay seems to be fairly balanced and only a teensy bit in the favor of the defenders (the way it should be). Weapons feel good, though waiting to unlock them is not particularly fun, and explosions seem right so far.

Hate the browser, love the game. I've run into a few laggy patches (not as in massive lag, but a few places of huh?), but they haven't really been the norm.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Ironic thing is that console versions supposed to have real in-game server browser.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Ironic thing is that console versions supposed to have real in-game server browser.

Not really ironic. One consoles, for online play anyway, you are bound to your account for their network. On the PC, they still want to bind you to some sort of account to force you to login to their system. This is what they came up with. Huzzah.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Just had a chance to play on the 64 person Caspian sea (current password is Appletini) and it drops my fps to a pretty consistent 40, but is huge, beautiful and fun, if a little on the side of empty. I'm loving this game so much.