Unreal beta the begining

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Turboman

deRegistered user
May 4, 2002
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Visit site
IMO the "old" unreal looks pretty lame to me, im glad they got rid of those levels and replaced them with amazing outdoor scenes and temples and spaceships.

still wish i could play them :)

i always wondered, did the bigman/brute used to be the main enemy in the game? it shows up in every preview :\

Maekh

Jun 24, 2003
Svealand
Visit site
Yes, epic made a great job converting a game that looked like a quake clone to what unreal is today :)

-edit- We should be happy that unreal didn't ship in 1997. maybe we wouldn't play ut/ut2k3 today if it did...

Last edited:

Erika

WHA?
Sep 3, 2002
OREEGONE!!1!
www.geocities.com
Maekh said:
heh okay :p I'll put it like this: Maybe we wouldn't have the option to play Ut2k3 and other games based on the unreal engine ;)
Oh no, just think of the horror! Instead of playing UT we'd all be playing Quake III! If this happened we'd all be at Quake V by now! :eek: And these forums would be called BeyondQuake and then we'd lose all of those classic moments!

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
Hellscrag said:
Yeah, I'd love to encounter the FireSlith and NitrogenSlith... not to mention the icy maps the NitrogenSlith and IceSkaarj were presumably meant to be used in.

Someone sent me the skin for the fireslith so Ive managed to recreate that but no nitrogenslith.. Perhaps If we had some pics of it some our talented skinners about the place could make a replication.. Next i guess is just finding out its stats and capabilities..I would of liked to of get the dragon tho.. No point in emailing epic they seem to be making it clear they want nothing to do with unreal..

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
Turboman said:
IMO the "old" unreal looks pretty lame to me, im glad they got rid of those levels and replaced them with amazing outdoor scenes and temples and spaceships.

still wish i could play them :)

i always wondered, did the bigman/brute used to be the main enemy in the game? it shows up in every preview :\

Yeah but the idea was to have them aswell :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
You can get those videos off of the web archive. That is where I got them initially.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
There was a thread at ina that was basically what this one was, but there was a lot of cool and rare content links. Like the shotgun(?) that was scrapped from the final release. Someone released a mut to put it back in the game. It was really fun to use.

But ofcourse all the old threads are gone now from there. :c

Turboman

deRegistered user
May 4, 2002
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Visit site
Wasnt the quadshot supposed to be a shotgun?

i always thought that weapon must be very old, i saw it in some shot from 1995 with a level with even less poly's then wolvenstein 3d.
and the weapon itself also misses alot of animations.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Turboman said:
Wasnt the quadshot supposed to be a shotgun?

i always thought that weapon must be very old, i saw it in some shot from 1995 with a level with even less poly's then wolvenstein 3d.
and the weapon itself also misses alot of animations.
Yeah, that's the name of it!

The hell if I know what I did with the backup copy I downloaded, but someone made it a playable weapon and it was quite a fun gun to use. They added sounds and ammo clips, it was nice. :)