Can I Has UT Files?!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Yes, yes you can.

Out of my own loving, cuddly heart, I have uploaded all of Beyond Unreal's UT file library to my Dropbox account and have made it public. You no longer have to go to other sites and wait in line for a server to download something.

What you see is what we got. I won't be taking submissions to add things on a regular basis. This is my private Dropbox account and I need it for other things as well so space is limited.

If you see empty folders it is because some of the 18,000+ files are still indexing and it should be go to go in a few hours.

Update: After some trial and error it has been shown that dropbox won't cut it. They have a 200GB per day download limit for public links.

Instead we're opting to use BitTorrent Sync, which can be found here.

The secret key needed to access the files is B5Y6V3TETX3KEK6HC4FUKHVPEQG36VYJX

After downloading BitTorrent Sync, you will be prompted to enter a key code under "I have a secret" or start sharing stuff yourself, you want to enter the key code then.

Thanks to Carbon for the BTSync suggestion.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Let me know if you have trouble with the link. I got an email saying the link was suspended right after I posted this news because it was being used to much. Thing is, it's still working fine as I type this so I'm guessing it was a hiccup on Dropbox's end. Try not to download the entire contents in one go please. Dropbox places a 200GB per day download limit on public links.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Great share...thanks for this.

For those who use Dropbox and have a big enough account, you can copy the files to your Dropbox. I believe this will avoid blowing the cap on DB's account.

Thanks again.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
The link should work after the temporary ban in lifted. I know it's not the best solution, but it's there if you need it. Atomic Gamer has all the files as well, but you have to wait in line for a server to download something.

If the community picks up steam again with the new UT game coming it might make sense to get proper file hosting. In the mean time, if the Dropbox link is down and you are looking for a particular file PM me and I can send you a personal link to that specific file that should work.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
DB, might I also recommend using BT Sync? Great free program that works very well. It does however require that your system be running, if that is an issue.

With the software you just need to give people a 'key' to your shared folder and they can download some or all of it form your computer in much the same way that a torrent might work.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
B5Y6V3TETX3KEK6HC4FUKHVPEQG36VYJX

That's the folder secret for BT Sync. Someone test it and I'll update the news post. Good thing I have a business line with my ISP.

Last edited:

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
www.planetmonsterhunt.com
I'm currently downloading them all from the BT Sync source. As soon as I get them all I will compare it with that of ut-files.com and upload what's missing.

edit:
At it's current speed, it's going to take over a week to sync with everything.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
You should probably let us go through the file list and axe GBs of crap that we really don't need to be mirroring still if you want to sync the whole thing.

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
That's fine. I am pretty sure I probably have 95% of all those files anyway. I only intended to upload what I don't already have to ut-files.com anyway.

Let me know if/when you guys go through the list. I am still going to sync them onto my local computer here at the house since I am on a fast fiber connection so if anyone else wants to go through them/grab them they'll be able to at a much faster rate than I am currently getting.

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
Well the speed has improved a lot since I first started. It was going at no more than about 100 KB/sec but has improved to around 850 KB/sec. I'm seeing 135GB of data needs to be synced @ 850 KB/sec. At that rate I am looking at a little less than 2 full days.

My fiber has a 30 Mb/sec upload rate (3.75 MB/sec) so as soon as I get it that should speed it up for anyone else who wants them. This is assuming that BT Sync will split the transfers between devices when syncing. I've never used it before so I am not sure how it works to be honest.

Last edited:

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
You should be getting even better speeds than that for the price I pay. :D At least it's a business line so it shouldn't go down.

I don't know if it will split it or not. I did switch the access code to read only though. I didn't think about random people being able to upload files to my PC. That wouldn't be good.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
Thanks for this. Also does this make you the new mayor of Nali City? :)

Not mayor. Just another soul who's trying to help restore the old run down building of the ghost town that is Nali City.

Welcome to Nali City DeathBooger! My house is down the road a piece, on your left.

On another note, I should look at the archive too, see if there's stuff that I have that you don't. I still have a few dozen Unreal 1 maps from back in the day.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
As I got most of the collection from Dropbox (used the "copy to my Dropbox" so as not to overwhelm the service) I am also sharing these files; this should help the speed.

Odd thing: Asking Dropbox to copy folders between users, it converts them to .zip files. However, anything larger than 2GB is corrupted. I think this has to do with the TOS for free users: no single files over 2GB...? Must be because some folders came in a 1.7 or 1.8GB and they were fine.

Anyhow, as a result I am having to download a few of the larger folders again. However, I synced my nearly complete folder with DB's so again, the speeds should increase. This works like BitTorrent; more users, faster shares.

I have often gone to Atomic Gamer to check for some older files, but the endless waiting put me right off. This addition will likely put me well over 2TB of data for the Unreal series (digital copies of the games, files, redirects, etc), so I am going to have to pick up another HDD...a 3TB I think. I don't delete files; I keep all doubles. Over the years many files have been revised one way or another (many same-titled maps have quite different file sizes) and keeping all versions ensures a thorough collection. This will be another brick in my Unreal wall. Thanks again DB...great share.

Last edited:

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
I could, but there are a couple of caveats...or problems. First, my Unreal HDD is not in my system; I hot-swap it in and out with an E-SATA cradle as I need to access the files. I do this because I want the added layer of protection of not using the drive much. I am paranoid, but seeing as I have been collecting these files for 15 years, there is much that I can't afford to lose. This is a habit I learned from having drives fail in the past and now I keep my important backups stored on the shelf.

Second, I don't leave my system on 24/7 for much the same reasons. I have had things fail on me before when I was thankfully around to smell or hear them and now if nobody is home, the system goes off. This would make any such sharing quite inconsistent.

I am buying a 3TB drive this weekend exclusively for my Unreal stuff. I could put the current Unreal drive inside my system, leaving the most sought-after files on it and make that a share drive for BT Sync and/or Shareaza (which i still have installed since the last time we spoke). I will try to work it out though; there is little use in having all of this content if I can't share it.

I will keep you all posted.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Here's a thought. If we are all going to share a Sync folder then why not take this to it's logical conclusion and just fill that thing up? If you guys want I'll connect to this share and add everything I have on my end too. Using Dropbox I was able to get his entire collection and I'm connecting now to the Sync to speed up the sharing (I'm Riley, it's my son's computer I'm using for the transfer). I'm stuck way the hell out in Oregon though so my upload isn't blazing fast. I'll leave it on though.

BTW Dropbox didn't corrupt any files on my end. There's a lot of crap in this thing, personal pictures and the like, but it's def worth a download.

Let's Sync everyone's stuff and we all will quickly have everything shared among everyone. I'd be really down with getting those Unreal maps and in return I'd share everything I have saved over the years which includes site rips and not just files. Sync becomes faster and faster the more people using the particular secret (it's torrent tech after all) so why not get the whole community going with this?

We ought to elect someone as center hub to keep the files cleaned up and in order if we do this.

I have often gone to Atomic Gamer to check for some older files, but the endless waiting put me right off.
A couple of years ago I contacted them directly and just bluntly asked if I could have their entire UT skins collection. Turns out the admin is an old UT fan (and a hell of a nice guy) and promptly set me up with a direct download of everything in a single click. [ http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=198584] I promised him I would share them all (which I did and still have). You might approach them and ask if we can have some stuff to share into this. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you were given everything you wanted.

Last edited: