What's the best MP3 player?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zer0

Jan 19, 2008
Guys, what's the best MD5 player? (NO PHONES) I like to hear my checksums loud and clear.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yes, everyone has an ultra up to date and premium smartphone, and "old" smartphones fail to qualify for your litmus test of smartphones...
Basically, yes. Some networks don't even support phones that old anymore.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Yes, everyone has an ultra up to date and premium smartphone, and "old" smartphones fail to qualify for your litmus test of smartphones...

I'm sorry, but in a thread about what player to buy I made the CRAZY assumption they weren't trying to resurrect dinosaur tech.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
You guys are idiots.
And proud of it.

EXTREME HORSEBREEDING!!!!
I must have that.

Guys, what's the best MD5 player? (NO PHONES) I like to hear my checksums loud and clear.
I'm horrible with bash but ...

while true;
do
count=0
md5=""
while [ $count -le 1000 ]
do
count=$[$count+1]
md5=$md5`dd status=noxfer count=1 if=/dev/urandom | md5sum -b`
done
echo $md5 | aplay
done

I'm sorry. Yes, smartphones from nearly 4 years ago might have a 2.5mm cord. Way to win THAT argument...
I'm sorry, but in a thread about what player to buy I made the CRAZY assumption they weren't trying to resurrect dinosaur tech.
You took my friendly hint pretty well. BTW, the Nokia 6700 Slide is a smartphone, has that infamous 2.5mm hole and is from Q1 2010.

Basically, yes. Some networks don't even support phones that old anymore.
And people accept that without shooting telco managers? Crazy. I can still use my Nokia from 2002 without problems over here.

Captain Scibra

That Gravity Elemental
Jun 15, 2012
East Coast
I'd recommend the LG Rumor Touch. It's served me well for the past year, and even replaced my Shuffle for music purposes. Got a lot of neat features, including a good speaker for those share-music times (or you just don't have headphones), like a mini boombox. Best of all it's simply what I need for only 50$ (though I got it for free with Sprint's upgrade payment system).