The REAL damage that the aimbot has done...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SadaraK

Groving in UT since 1999
Jan 1, 2001
UK
Although the immediate effect of the aimbot is obvious (it lets no skilled fools get to the top of the stats and irritate people who actually put effort into mastering the game properly) the rest of the damage that the aimbot is doing is not as immediately apparent.

The fact is that I was playing in one of my favorite servers the other day and a perfectly nice sounding player suddenly started accusing me of using an aimbot, he continually called me all sorts while I was playing and eventually some off the assholes started to join in. Thankfully It was a server I play on a lot and I was defended by some of my mates who know that I have never cheated in a game of UT. (plus I shock combo-ed a couple of times after moving to prove my aim)

But as you can see the damage is already being done with good players being wrongly accused by normally nice people of using aimbots, or, even worse, idiots who just accuse anyone who can beat them of using an aimbot (at one point I was accused of using an aimbot with the gloop gun on a chsp newly updated server) then newbys just assuming that that player is an llama from then on because he was accused of using a bot.

I realize that all is being done to try and combat this but aslong as a few hardcore fools keep trying to beat the chsp I cant see it getting any better....:(

desperado

Dec 29, 1999
q
Visit site
Originally posted by SadaraK

The fact is that I was playing in one of my favorite servers the other day and a perfectly nice sounding player suddenly started accusing me of using an aimbot, he continually called me all sorts while I was playing and eventually some off the assholes started to join in. Thankfully It was a server I play on a lot and I was defended by some of my mates who know that I have never cheated in a game of UT. (plus I shock combo-ed a couple of times after moving to prove my aim)

Stop playing against newbies ;)

Mrukk

Inhuman
May 10, 2000
Baltimore, MD
I completely agree. With CSHP and all I believe there is actually very little aimbotting going on... unless you make it your business to visit out of the way shady type pub servers. The problem is that because everyone has heard of the aimbot they all think that cheating is very common, and many of them apply that to any player who is significantly better than them.

Athlon_2o0o

Apr 17, 2001
well, I get accused for aimbot a lot.
It makes me sick.....there are a lot of aimbotters where I play (Instagib LMS). I get accused of aimbots a few times a day, I get crazy of it.
I am no enwbie who calls everyone an aimbot, but if I see someone using aimbot I am going to check it first a bit. And it happens all the time and a lot of them admit that they do.
Newbies have a few stages.
1. I suck and the rest is good
2. They heard the word aimbot somewhere. Everyone cheats
3. starting to get a bit good too, I don't think anyone uses a cheat
4. I am good myself, if someone beats me then it is an aimbotter
that's how newbies think.....OPEN YOUR EYES!

ASMDstick

Mar 22, 2001
Visit site
Athlon_2o0o, with ur aim i wanna say sometimes u r using a bot :D
Anywayz , where r u playng now after 4 nguk LMS servers shut down? Did u find any good ones with the right crowd, u know what i mean.

[µBT]Ag@memon

Aquarius Noblis
May 9, 2001
Sweden
Visit site
Yeah, those aimbots destory everything that's fun with the game..
Sadly it has affected the server i always play on..
Since the new CSHP came out the admins themselves has told that they know that several ppl on the server uses aimbots and radar..and that they would ban them as soon as the upcoming CSHP comes out (go figure, why not now?)
Since most of the players that play there are regulars there..u really don't know who to trust anymore..

I already had my doubts about some ppl..like the ones that starts playing on the server and really suck..so they dissapear for a few days and then come back and totally own u and they rest..ppl who always know when u round a corner..mulitple headshots etc..
And now i really don't know what to think anymore..

Now, i've heard most of the excuses that these aimbotters use and i have yet to hear a valid one..
Those wankers that use aimbots should get a life...
Many say that aimbots are like virii but i would like to say that the aimbotters are the virii..they kill the host UT

Sorry for the rant.. :p

<code blue>l

May 18, 2001
Year, in fact it can be hard to tell when ever you are playing against aimbot. I had the honour to meet Mr. X in the tournament. In the beginning it was quite fun, but I have my doubts. Was it aimbot or a notorious legend I was playing against?

iridium

... loves Mr. Lamppost
Dec 11, 2000
UK
i find that there are some people that do use aimbots though and they also spam, flood the message area, have taunts binded to EVERY key that they press, it gets incredibally wearing, those people are the real lammas

SadaraK

Groving in UT since 1999
Jan 1, 2001
UK
blue...

Mr.X is a notorious aimbot user (iv played him many times) he uses nothing but mini and sniper in ever server. (if ur not sure check his stats...)

WasHighPingDuck

Experienced
Nov 30, 2000
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Visit site
Hi all,
This thread started with the real damage caused by the aimbot was the false acusations.
I play CTF with some very tallented people mostly on public servers.
Some games I do ok, some I get my butt kicked.
I have never accused anyone of cheating and I have witnessed some great moves.
I have seen a few good players falsely accused.
If you suspect a cheat join their team and spectate them
and/or record a demo.
Send it along to the farm, there are lots of l33t people that will hunt down the llamas for you.
Play on servers that encourage mutual respect and relax some, a cheat only risks their own reputation.
Have fun. :)

<code blue>l

May 18, 2001
Well, so the charts are worth nothing or what? Anyway, there are some pretty damn good players which I do not suspect using such devices, Exotic Dancer for exampel.

Kray

Time chaser
Sep 17, 2000
Fool's Paradise
utgallery.tripod.com
Originally posted by WasHighPingDuck
Hi all,
This thread started with the real damage caused by the aimbot was the false acusations.
I play CTF with some very tallented people mostly on public servers.
Some games I do ok, some I get my butt kicked.
I have never accused anyone of cheating and I have witnessed some great moves.
and/or record a demo.
Send it along to the farm, there are lots of l33t people that will hunt down the llamas for you.
Play on servers that encourage mutual respect and relax some, a cheat only risks their own reputation.
Have fun. :)

Well said.
icon14.gif

REeeE{skullface}

p-REeeE-dictable
Feb 28, 2001
SF, CA
Visit site
i suck to much to be accused

I get people beggin me to use an aimbot just to compete lol

but I try not to accuse anyone of "peculiar aim" for two reasons

1: my ping sux at home and I understand not everyone's does...so when you click, the shot goes rather than my 1/4 sec lag :(

2: some players are that damn good

:)

Reeeeeeee

G

I can blow all KINDA of holes in that

Originally posted by WasHighPingDuck

and/or record a demo.

First off, Most people dont want to take the Time to do as you suggest, its Sooooo much easer and faster to just throw out the acuation Without getting the facts much less proof.

[/B][/QUOTE]Play on servers that encourage mutual respect and relax some[/B][/QUOTE]

As for this, while it Would be nice could you Find such servers while they very well MAy be out there i am qite certian they are very few and far inbetween.

[/B][/QUOTE]a cheater only risks their own reputation.[/B][/QUOTE]
GOD i wish this were true! but no, that is sadly mistaken. they literally Ruin the game for others that are only out for a little fun to pit their skillz and reflexes
against other actual people. The notions of fairplay and good sportmenship are INCREIBLY lacking in todays gamming comunity, no matter the game, wich saddens and disgusts me all at the same time. =(

[µBT]Ag@memon

Aquarius Noblis
May 9, 2001
Sweden
Visit site
It is true that many ppl are damn good..but it's fairly easy to see if they're good and if they are lucky on how they move and such..now for those being lucky all the time u can't stop wondering..

Sadly many llamas that teamkills, spams..etc, just comes in under diff. names all the time..they just do it for their own fun (to wreck the game for others) :(

But anyhow even if the cheaters and llamas irritate me i will not let it affect me in the long run..the day i stop playing cause of them that's the day that they will truly win over me..
And it's not gonna happen :p

There are a lot of really talented ppl in the community and many that have the potential to be really good players and they deserve all the respect they can get for playing without cheating..sad that they have to endure the constant accusing of using aimbots b'cause off some notalent punks that cheats to piss ppl..

:p

ben harkins

Mar 29, 2001
Visit site
Lots of good opinions here. Totally agree with the point about trying to find servers where the folks have some respect for each other. You don't realize how much more enjoyable it is playing with people that aren't constantly bickering and whining until you find a server like that. As far as people accusing you of cheating, well, myself I try and take it as a compliment. Simply send a message saying that you aren't cheating, and anyone who doesn't either spec you to find out for sure, or take your word for it, is a llama anyway and should be ignored.