Can you modify the existing UT2k3 weapon models?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

is0s

:: modeler-skinner-animator ::
May 14, 2002
I don't think it is, not unless you can get hold of the original ut2003 wepaon models and anims, you would then have to re-import everything after making whatever changes to the original model.

is0s

:: modeler-skinner-animator ::
May 14, 2002
ummm.... not really, if you was going to add a scope for example, i would just give it it's own maps and texture (512x512) then attach it to the main model, making sure the bone influence is edited to include the new attachment, all u would have to do then is import the new model and u could apply all the existing anim becuase the bone setup would be the same!

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
No they haven't been released. You can place a weapon as an xPawn then convert to a Smesh and export that, but you'd have to re-rig it (1st and 3rd person versions) yourself.

JackReacher

[SAS Mod]
Oct 16, 2001
The Sanitarium
is0s said:
ummm.... not really, if you was going to add a scope for example, i would just give it it's own maps and texture (512x512) then attach it to the main model, making sure the bone influence is edited to include the new attachment, all u would have to do then is import the new model and u could apply all the existing anim becuase the bone setup would be the same!

Sorry my bad :p