In this forum...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Epic sold out a long time ago. Wishing for another good UT or Unreal game is foolhardy; even if they would make one, they're too busy building their mountain of gold off Gears of War, Infinity Blade, and other console franchises. In fact, if you go to the list of games on the Epic Games website, none of the Unreal games are even on the list. That is just how much Epic has sold out.

But I digress. Anything Epic does these days is usually a disappointment to me. I really miss the Unreal and Unreal Tournament days. Back then, Epic still cared about the individual player, and it was almost like you were part of the company if you played their games. It was like you were part of something awesome.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
UT = Very awesome sex. It was enjoyed 24/7 in many flavors.
UT2k4 = You got raped in a dark alley, but it was consensual and you enjoyed it but don't want to admit to it
UT3 = Your ass is now a gaping hole with nerve endings dangling like string. It was a fucking mess and no matter how clean you tried to make it, the shame could never be wiped away.

End of fucking thread

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Epic sold out a long time ago. Wishing for another good UT or Unreal game is foolhardy; even if they would make one, they're too busy building their mountain of gold off Gears of War, Infinity Blade, and other console franchises. In fact, if you go to the list of games on the Epic Games website, none of the Unreal games are even on the list. That is just how much Epic has sold out.

But I digress. Anything Epic does these days is usually a disappointment to me. I really miss the Unreal and Unreal Tournament days. Back then, Epic still cared about the individual player, and it was almost like you were part of the company if you played their games. It was like you were part of something awesome.

Well, they do have a link in the Games tab that leads directly to the UT website. Also, that list doesn't encompass a lot of games that Epic was involved in, least of all anything Unreal.

But I think we should take a step back now and examine the claim that Epic abandoned us. Now, it's usually been made pretty clear by now that the UT games are always the Flagship franchise for a new Unreal Engine. Epic, has stated, time and time again, that they expect a lot more life can be pulled out of the Unreal Engine 3 for many new games.

As such, they are firm in supporting the Unreal Engine 3 until such time as they feel it is getting stale, so to speak. So, while there hasn't been another Unreal Tournament in a while, there are good reasons why. Oh yes, and not to mention the fact that the last UT3 didn't do so well either, so that may make them even more cautious in kicking another one out any time soon.

Anyway, more tears in the tags section. :lol:

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
okay-doc-finally-found-a-decent-picture-assignment-for-janua-demotivational-poster-1262886004.jpg

80646427.jpg

9634-jesus-thread-sucks.gif

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
But I think we should take a step back now and examine the claim that Epic abandoned us. Now, it's usually been made pretty clear by now that the UT games are always the Flagship franchise for a new Unreal Engine. Epic, has stated, time and time again, that they expect a lot more life can be pulled out of the Unreal Engine 3 for many new games.

As such, they are firm in supporting the Unreal Engine 3 until such time as they feel it is getting stale, so to speak. So, while there hasn't been another Unreal Tournament in a while, there are good reasons why. Oh yes, and not to mention the fact that the last UT3 didn't do so well either, so that may make them even more cautious in kicking another one out any time soon.

dude, get a fucking life.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Unreal, the RTS game
Unreal, the TD game
Unreal, the Action/RPG/Adventure
Unreal, the ancient-city building SIM
Unreal, the quirky God-game

which of these is coming first?

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Unreal iOS comes first. It will be as good as the best mobile games out there, you can trust in Epic. *

*It will be pure shit because it's a mobile game.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
You're all mad that I blew all your shoddy arguments out of the water for the fiftieth time.

OMG, HE BEAT MEH IN INTELIJENT DIZCUXZION HE MUT HAV NO LIFE!!

:lol: Prove me wrong or else you're all trollin' (as usual.)

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
You're original "argument" is that there are unreal haters here, no one has proven it, certainly not you. No one has claimed that they hate Unreal here so I don't see how you've disproved anything.

Probably 5% or less of the people who post here still play any type of Unreal series game, and Neonite is the only BU staff member who plays any Unreal or UT afaik. Probably 30-40% of the current posters never even played Unreal or UT so I don't think they can hate something they've never played.

Last edited:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
There is something to be said for selling out, but I'm not so mad about that. GOW is a great game, as is infinity blade, and I'm happy for their success.

I also applaud them for trying again with UT3. I just think they tried to make UT something it's not. Somewhere along the line they stopped caring about the UT fanbase. We were ignored in an attempt to widen appeal. At the time I defended them because it was difficult to hear through all the noise. The community said a lot of stupid things, and in many instances Epic was right to ignore us. However, in this process they also became incapable of understanding what we really need ed. This ultimately led to a slew of bad decisions that killed UT3. Things like focusing on single player, using gamespy, and releasing with a bad interface should have been no brainers if they had been more in tune. And don't even get me started on how they ruined CTF.

By the time they got to bullet storm they weren't even trying to understand us. They just went through the motions of a release.

Last edited: