UGO Acquires 1UP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
In a news item posted by 1UP themselves, they have informed that UGO has acquired 1UP and their associated sites.

You may have heard the rumors in the past, but today the announcement we've all been waiting for has officially come: UGO Entertainment and parent Hearst Corporation have acquired 1UP and its associated sites GameVideos.com, MyCheats.com, and GameTab.com. 1UP and its sites now join UGO's network of gaming properties that will reach over 40 million monthly unique visitors.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Wow - I heard rumours of this a while back, but I never dreamed they'd gut the place. The 1Up podcast was one of the better gaming podcasts going on, so I'll miss that. I'm also really sad to see EGM shut down, even though I don't read the magazine anymore (perhaps that's indicative of why they are gone). I still have quite a few of the very earliest issues tucked away somewhere...

dub

Feb 12, 2002
The 1Up podcast was one of the better gaming podcasts going on, so I'll miss that. I'm also really sad to see EGM shut down, even though I don't read the magazine anymore (perhaps that's indicative of why they are gone). I still have quite a few of the very earliest issues tucked away somewhere...
This.

1up had some good stuff... one of which was a nice indy games section :(

Chandler

Self Unemployed
Jan 20, 2008
They fired most of the cast and crew (about 40 people in the end). There's a new podcast up at http://www.eat-sleep-game.com/news/

from a bunch of people how got fired, for anyone who is interested (Their servers are getting pounded right now though, so it may not be up.)

JQP

Jan 25, 2008
Hmm, is this why filefront is getting the Dreaded Google Label of Malicious Site thing? I was using Google image search and saw this wall between me and Filefront, and thought, "wtf? Filefront?"

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Ziff is keeping FileFront up... for now. If FileFront goes away that will be a major blow to game file mirroring. They are one of the last few really good ones left.

There was another good one which also had a torrent tracker which was excellent for demos. I forget which one that was :|