UT3 2.0 Patch and Titan Pack Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
ALL it did to me was ask for my cd key. Everything else is remembered.

And yes, it also saves mutators, botcounts etc etc..

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
= returning from 'Settings' to 'Main menu' takes a rather long time even though I didn't change anything

That was happening to me in 1.3 so I don't think that's anything new. I know some settings are synched to your Gamespy account so maybe it's a delay while it phones home?

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
The patch works fine although I was told by the game that my graphics drivers are out of date; I guess it must be that time again. :)

The game definitely runs better (even on my old and crappy machine) and the whole menu system, plus the other visual improvements look and feel great.

I haven't had time to get into the new content or the Titan pack yet.

The game is definitely more playable.

Sweet..........

Last edited:

Ma3a*

Null-Technology
Dec 25, 2005
Darkmatch is so awesome, reminds me of Unreal 1 so much....*attempts to hold back a tear, but fails*

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Hi everyone. i just got a quick question to ask. i have the retail copy of ut3 and last night i tried to enter my cd key in steam to activate the game but it says that this product has already been activated by me and to check my game list?

this is odd because i have never activated this game on my steam account. I later checked my game list in steam and it had UT3 black edition with an expire date of 3 days? any ideas why i cant activate my retail copy into steam?

I suspect it's added UT3 to everyone's game list as part of the 3 day free (weekend) promotion.

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
I hope the name tag thing people are complaining about doesn't kill the "dark" gimmick in darkmatch. 57% now.

It does rather unfortunatly. I'd be quite happy with maps where I hae to use my ears to find people but the nametag makes them easy to see again.

And with all the improvements to the game Loque still cant drive. This perticuler bot is terible for not being able to drive. You'd think that with epic givieng the bots driveing lessons(improveng thair programming) that one bot would actualy lern something but no. Never let Loque walk the darkwalker over that bridge in the Na'Pali like map because he'll get stuck for a hole minut before the bot works out how to get across it.

Last edited:

Leak

Sep 1, 2008
Linz, Austria
Got some freezes now while playing online. SP is ok. Maybe I have to download the newest nvidia driver? Dunno... Will try this tomorrow with an updated system.
Ummm... what kind of freezes if I may ask?

Since even before that latest patch the game keeps freezing on me in mid-game after just a few minutes, i.e. the game stops dead in it's tracks (but it still maxes out 2 of my 4 cores with two threads according to Process Explorer) and I have to kill it.

Tabbing out and/or hitting Ctrl-Alt-Delete works fine, so my Windows XP system is still running, it's just the game that stops responding... (Livelock?)

Does anybody else get that? (I have a hunch it's sound related, so I guess I should try disabling my X-Fi Platinum in the device manager and see if the freeze returns - though playing without sound is kinda silly... :D)

np: Coldcut - Colours The Soul (ft. Dom Spitzer) (Sound Mirrors)

Apathy.

Jan 24, 2008
I'm probably going to wait a week or two before I even attempt to re-download UT3 through Steam. It constantly kept download updates over and over. I figure after about a week or two, the huge rush will be over with and I can leave Steam on over night to download and update the game.

D3@thChild

Nanoblack Ftw!
Mar 22, 2005
Between Life and Death
I installed the Steam version.. patched and titan pack but now it says the servers are too busy and i can´t play?? too much traffic for me to play lol, is anyone experiencing this?

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Ummm... what kind of freezes if I may ask?

I also had freezes, and they all happened after a map was loaded (you manage to see the map with all the textures still loading, but the game quickly hard-freeze). I had to reset my PC then.

Didn't get one freeze with the 182.06 Nvidia drivers that I tried right now. I hope that the problem is gone forever.

evilmrfrank

Banned
Apr 22, 2005
Florida, US
www.evilmrfrank.com
Pack and patch are both awesome! Some of the new maps are a lot more what I expected to be in UT3 to begin with. Thew two new gametypes are cool too! I love greed :D Some of the maps definitely had small annoying issues but nothing too bad. After playing the game again it just felt much more polished and enjoyable online :D Also love having all the new graphics settings!

SmokeRingHalo

Reigning King of DM/CTF Mapping
Mar 1, 2008
smokeringhalo.unrealmaps.net
Don't like Morbid tho... could've found a much better (less forced) way to encourage titan usage i think - took me ages to figure out what the hell was going on! :p sux being forced to use xloc too. But I'm guessing it was just a bit of an experiment that they thought was fun enough to include.

I can see how it Morbid wouldn't be that great as a CTF map but it's hella fun in Greed. The skulls pile up fast and furious and knowing when to unleash your Titan makes all the difference. Add the fact that you spawn without an xloc behind the door sometimes gives a subtle JB feeling until you hammer jump your way out or wait for a Titan to come charging through the doors. Don't write Morbid off until you try it out on a Greed server (with Titan mutator obviously)

lashtal

Mar 2, 2009
bug in downtown-necris?

Have anybody noticed a few solid black blobs floating among the buildings in downtown-necris? They are meant to be transparent fog volumes but are rendered incorrectly.
Using drivers 180.48 (the last stable ones).
However in UE the volume renders properly. Here is comparison:

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Same here.

Goddamn, the bots are now serious bastards. I had 20 minutes of pure ****load of fun in Sandstorm, playing Greed. I think I'll play it more than CTF D:

Princess_Die

Always Out Numbered... Never Out Gunned
Feb 22, 2006
have these packs fixed the settings being rememberd for mutators and bot settings for anyone?

I have read some people have been having problems with their setting getting saved. One thing you might be interested in is CTF-Morbid has doors that work.