Mad against Freelance lazy mappers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PETsnake

www.p3t.org bitch
Feb 25, 2004
xmp has many hax built into the game that can be exploited greatly, as it was never a finished product, more like an 85% finished product. normal games get support of several fix patches to iron out the loose spots. we did not have the luxury of such support, but that's why xmp is such a great game, because its like the bastard child we've all grown to love despite its shaky roots. <3 to legend for there bastard child

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
I also know the bug fairly well :) i can do tank based snipping most of the time, i just need a better vid card so i can up my res so i can see u a lot further away :lol:

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
The Jackal-XMP said:
hey the juggernaut aim was not fixed. you can ask anyone thou, i know exactly how to use it. there is even a bug that you can use to your advantage. that's why if im in the tank you die.

hey im just saying that the only really good things that im good at is getting Gen's, killing ppl with the alt fire on the the shotgun. and i own at the tank. just learn to use it.

That's a bug seperate from a bad aiming point... Noone seems to get my point.. XMP has had broken balance in the tech and ranger since the 7710 patch: that's fact, not conjecture.. My thoughts about gunner however are opinion.. Also, this was not suppoed to hijack the thread and what have you.. It was supposed to get the record straight with the facts... :/

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
That was funny to read all that, especially the responses of some.
In an open base you don't have a chance as a gunner vs two good incoming rangers,they first snipe you're mines then the gunner. Open field the same thing, they should add more hills and stuff to hide and more raptors.

About the class things, have fun with all classes, all have his disadvantages and advantages, a gunner can trip mine jump,conc jump and is deadly in close range,tech fast hacker,turrets and shotgun,ranger sniper rifle,fast and
pistol.

For the new map makers,take an example of nakoja,it's open and gunners have a chance there.

i hope i didn't start anything.
:)

[GDC]Faust

Goblin Hunter
Apr 29, 2004
www.gamersdungeon.de
I like Pool, I play Gunner there on defense regularly and the base is open. Like I stated b4, you you are pissed about custom maps, it's because you only seem to know the crappy maps. There are better maps out there, too.

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
[GDC]Faust said:
I like Pool, I play Gunner there on defense regularly and the base is open. Like I stated b4, you you are pissed about custom maps, it's because you only seem to know the crappy maps. There are better maps out there, too.

that's not true,on pool there are many hills and more ways around to get too base so that you are covered,they can't even you snipe you from up a hill cause some plates block they're sights,pool is a very good map,one that stands out above most of the custom made ones.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
You know, when XMP has a voice command for "Enemy in our base", and there isn't a base in the map, that says something. I agree that there should be more maps with bases. I will even go so far as to say that maps w/ more than one base per side could be interesting...

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Jubei said:
...pool is a very good map,one that stands out above most of the custom made ones...
Um... Pool kinda sux once you discover you can mine-jump or cg-jump or slope-jump up into the mountains and hide artis or snipe. There are very large open/flat areas up there... Heck you could prob duel up there and noone would notice. I don't think being able to get up there was intended, but it hasn't been fixed yet...

FurociousFa

Banned
Apr 1, 2004
MI
Bleeder said:
Um... Pool kinda sux once you discover you can mine-jump or cg-jump or slope-jump up into the mountains and hide artis or snipe. There are very large open/flat areas up there... Heck you could prob duel up there and noone would notice. I don't think being able to get up there was intended, but it hasn't been fixed yet...

not everyone tries to be a fag, and hide arties in games you know :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.