UT 2k3/2k4 RainbowSix mute would like some testers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
UT 2k3/2k4 RainbowSix mute would like some testers [Version 130 29 May 2013]

I have put together a little mutator/mod (~50 Mb download) based on the original Rainbow Six[EDIT now it has a CODMW knockoff mutator, INF 2.75 style mutator, some parkour type player movement and an odd assortment of Turok/Half-life/Halo bullet type weapons too], for UT2k3 and UT2k4. It includes all of the weapons from R6 and the eagle watch pack as well as operative uniforms and models(in all of their low poly glory). Players can lean, go prone, dash, climb objects(mantling) etc. The website for it is here with the download link at the bottom:

[EDIT] Web publishing from the UW went away, no more TD (or YARM) until I find another place to locate the mod(s).

Anyways, for those Inf players out there who have UT2k3 or UT2k4 and a little bit of time, I would appreciate any feedback on it. I need to add a lot of polish and tweak the weapons(damage accuracy etc), so any suggestions are welcome. I figure if anybody can give good suggestions and feedback for a realism mod, it is the Inf community. Thanks! -meowcat

[EDIT June 6 2013] - Well if any of you are still interested in playing my YARM mod here is the link to the latest version. See post # of this thread for the list of updates.
YARM Version 130 29 May 2013

Old stuff below....
[EDIT August 30th 2008]
Updated version of YARM added August 30 2008[ removed because of below updates]. Includes a little INF 2.75 style mutator. Enjoy!

[EDIT October 12 2009] Here is a link to today's version: YARM 128 Oct 12 2009. It includes some new weapons, test parkour movement code, and new gametypes.

[EDIT December 13 2009] Here is a link to today's version: YARM 128 Dec 13 2009. It includes some new weapons (Katana, M14 etc.), fixed mantling movement code, a bunch of network bug fixes, and some new configuration options for play (bullet whizzes, camouflage uniform selection). The rest of the mod includes realistic (mostly) player movement (leaning, going prone, sprinting, mantling), an assortment of real world weapons, and new gametypes (King of the Hill, Domination with moving Dom Points, Scavenger/Recovery, VIP Protection).

[EDIT February 28 2009] Here is a link to today's version: YARM 129 Feb 28 2009. Fixes some weapon animation issues, movement sounds added, M4 Carbine and M14 w/ wood stock added (will shoot through walls). Have Fun!

Last edited:

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
ill test it a bit myself
looks fun :D

<edit> ok, tested it, found a few minor things, aside from a GP fault happening once.
This was on Ut2k4 BTW......
Graphically, the weapons skins could be a bit more polished {ie more shiny highlights around the edges, general details a bit brighter in 1st person.
There is a wierd secondary flash when firing all the weapons, above and to the right, a 'relic' muzzle flash that shouldnt be there.
Reload anims would be nice, but necessary.
Greater variety of sounds for the different weapons, all the Mp5s with the exception of the SD versions sound the same, all the 5.56 rifles sound the same, and the 7.62 rifles have the same report when fired.

If posting the GP fault would be helpful ill see if i cant get it to repeat and post the info.

Other than those few things {which are totally subjective to personal taste] great mutey, might be fun with onslaught or assault.

Last edited:

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
@ Bushwack: Thanks so much for giving it a test! :) If the GPF happens again could you post the pertinent section from the log file (I had not experienced one when i tested it so i would be very interested in rooting out its cause).
Yeah the dang muzzle flash code has been giving me heck for a while now, but i will prevail (eventually...) : :D

I don't know how to make weapon sounds, so instead i included code so the user can make their own sound pack and use those sounds instead by editing the .ini file. If i find someone who can make weapon sounds then i will put in better ones.

Last edited:

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
To add on to what bushwack said, it messes up the selection screen for gametype, there are 2 deathmatches and both of em are removes and putunder custum game types, in UT2004

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
I got the error/Gpfault to repeat, here is the window info that popped up for you.

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1823 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 Ultra (5682)

General protection fault!

History: UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Engine.ShadowBitmapMaterial ShadowActor[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (ShadowBitmapMaterial Package.ShadowBitmapMaterial) <- TestReach <- (ShadowBitmapMaterial Package.ShadowBitmapMaterial) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Engine.ShadowProjector ShadowTexture[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (ShadowProjector DM-1on1-Roughinery.ShadowProjector) <- AActor::Serialize <- TestReach <- (ShadowProjector DM-1on1-Roughinery.ShadowProjector) <- ULevelBase::Serialize <- ULevel::Serialize <- TestReach <- (Level DM-1on1-Roughinery.myLevel) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Engine.SkyZoneInfo XLevel[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (SkyZoneInfo DM-1on1-Roughinery.SkyZoneInfo0) <- AActor::Serialize <- TestReach <- (SkyZoneInfo DM-1on1-Roughinery.SkyZoneInfo0) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Engine.ZoneInfo SkyZone[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (ZoneInfo DM-1on1-Roughinery.ZoneInfo2) <- AActor::Serialize <- TestReach <- (ZoneInfo DM-1on1-Roughinery.ZoneInfo2) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class XGame.xPlayerReplicationInfo PlayerZone[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (xPlayerReplicationInfo DM-1on1-Roughinery.xPlayerReplicationInfo) <- AActor::Serialize <- TestReach <- (xPlayerReplicationInfo DM-1on1-Roughinery.xPlayerReplicationInfo) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Engine.GameReplicationInfo Winner[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (GameReplicationInfo DM-1on1-Roughinery.GameReplicationInfo) <- AActor::Serialize <- TestReach <- (GameReplicationInfo DM-1on1-Roughinery.GameReplicationInfo) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Engine.LevelInfo GRI[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (LevelInfo DM-1on1-Roughinery.LevelInfo0) <- AActor::Serialize <- TestReach <- (LevelInfo DM-1on1-Roughinery.LevelInfo0) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class eckGun2k4.egBaseFlash3rd Level[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (egBaseFlash3rd DM-1on1-Roughinery.egBaseFlash3rd) <- AActor::Serialize <- TestReach <- (egBaseFlash3rd DM-1on1-Roughinery.egBaseFlash3rd) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class eckGun2k4.DragunovThird mMuzFlash3rd[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (DragunovThird DM-1on1-Roughinery.DragunovThird) <- AActor::Serialize <- TestReach <- (DragunovThird DM-1on1-Roughinery.DragunovThird) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class eckGun2k4.TDP_TanL WeaponAttachment[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (TDP_TanL DM-1on1-Roughinery.TDP_TanL) <- AActor::Serialize <- TestReach <- (TDP_TanL DM-1on1-Roughinery.TDP_TanL) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class eckGun2k4.TD_Player AcknowledgedPawn[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (TD_Player DM-1on1-Roughinery.TD_Player) <- AActor::Serialize <- TestReach <- (TD_Player DM-1on1-Roughinery.TD_Player) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class WinDrv.WindowsViewport OldActor[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (WindowsViewport Package.WindowsClient.WindowsViewport) <- UPlayer::Serialize <- UViewport::Serialize <- TestReach <- (WindowsViewport Package.WindowsClient.WindowsViewport) <- TArray<< <- UClient::Serialize <- TestReach <- (WindowsClient Package.WindowsClient) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Engine.GameEngine Client[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (GameEngine Package.GameEngine) <- UGameEngine::Serialize <- (GameEngine Package.GameEngine) <- UGameEngine::Serialize <- (GameEngine Package.GameEngine) <- TestReach <- (GameEngine Package.GameEngine) <- TArray<< <- UObject::SerializeRootSet <- UObject::CollectGarbage <- Cleanup <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine:: Browse <- ServerTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Grendelkeep <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Last edited:

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
looks like a reason to reinstall ut2k3 :p but did you use the original rainbow six sounds for the weapons? anyway ill tell you what i think as soon as i finish downloading it and after i install ut2k3 :D

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
@ Bushwack: Thanks :)! I think I have an idea of what is causing it(muzzleflashes perhaps?). sorry to ask, but if it crashes again, could you copy the section directly out of the UT2004.log file? (it looks like that was the paste from the error window). The log file usually lists specific actors or functions that caused the crash and where in the code to look.

@ L3d: As you can probably tell by my subpar skins and anims, yup i did most of the modelling, animating and skinning for c4 (I still have not seemed to pick up the skillz yet...)

@ Dr. J:Well if you can stand the "sharp" edges on the player models (some people really can't apparently...) then I would love your feed back. But this mod will always be low poly (player model anyways) because that is the way the original R6 was and that is what I want :) (and it helps keeps the download smaller too).

Dr.J said:
looks like a reason to reinstall ut2k3 :p but did you use the original rainbow six sounds for the weapons? anyway ill tell you what i think as soon as i finish downloading it and after i install ut2k3 :D

The sounds are pretty crappy right now for the weapons. They are the old weapon sounds that came in the Agent X source (they seemed to work better in agent x). I got permission from Mr. white to use them a long time ago (2+ years). I included code that allows you to specify the path to a different firing sound for each type of weapon fire in the ini. Look in the eckgun2kstat.ini (or eckgun2k4stat.ini) and search for the entries that list something like "NewSound" and change that to the path to whatever sounds in a pack you want to use. Personally at home I use a sound pack I compiled from several game demo sounds files that were in .wav format. I imported them in to my own sound pack (TDR6sounds in my case) and use them instead. I am looking for permanent weapon sounds though (or to learn how to make them myself).

.Nova.

Hate
Feb 25, 2001
Denmark
www.planetunreal.com
Muzzle flashes when using alt fire.
Weapon pickup is broken; An option to switch the weapon your holding with a pickup would be nice.
Trailing muzzle flashes (Strafe when firing to see it; same as bushwacks relic muzzle, maybe)
More sounds would be nice, also.

Also a suggestion, if you can, or want to. Change the weapon icons to the name of the weapon, saves you doing sprites and such.

Also, when aiming maybe aligning the sights.. That would be awesome!

Great job man!

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Does anyone hear know how to make weapon sounds, or could point me to a tutorial on how to make them?

@.Nova: Thanks for yuor feedback! Muzzle Flashes will be fixed in the next release ( I am converting all of the weapon models from static meshes to skeletal meshes with sockets to attach muzzle flashes, dang i h8 3dsmax though...).

What exactly do you mean that the weapon pickup is broken? I did not quite understand that.

I like your suggestion for the icons. I have a few of the weapon icons already made, but having the names up would be a bit clearer.

As for the iron sights, I will see if I can include it as a client side option in the next release.

.Nova.

Hate
Feb 25, 2001
Denmark
www.planetunreal.com
Well maybe not broken, it depends if you did it intentionally..

Because if I picked up a M16, I can't pick up and M4 instead, or once I picked up a benelli in with a loadout that didn't have it, I can't pick other weapons us, that only goes for M16 and M4 and such.

I didn't see alot of the weapons around maps either, all I ever saw was, MP5, MP5SD, MP5K, M16A1, M4, Benelli, G3, PSG1.. (might have missed one or two, but I never saw the G36,Dragunov, M14 or any of the sidearms.)

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
hey i just tried the mod and id like to say that i really like it :) nice work ;) though are the animations direct from rainbow six as well? but still, i wish you the best of luck in this mod. ill continue playing it :D

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
I'm loving this mod. I've always wanted someone to make a rainbow six mod on UT for years and years and years. I think the models aren't too crappy lol. They just need better textures like in R6 and it'll be more than acceptable. The player models are nice but like the guns their textures need to be redone.

As for weapon sounds. I just replaced them with R6 ones :D

Can't wait to see this progress and I hope you'll work as fast as you did on C4. Kick ass mod keep it comin'!

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
@chuckus (and anyone else who has tried the mute): in your opinion, which weapons need the most work done on the skin? (I am trying to prioritize which ones to work on first)

ravens_hawk

Apr 20, 2002
Visit site
Tis very good.
I can't say much about the models and or textures, as I can't currently see them in FP (I think something may be wrong with my UT4), and I haven't tested enough to see them all in 3rd person. Other than that, I'm getting the weapon flashes like everyone else, esp when zoomed in, which I'm not sure is a feature of the mod or UT or a glitch (basically bright spots about the screen when firing, or directly after.) My first impression about tweaking acc/dam, would be to balance the G36, which seems too acc compared to the others (I'd just make the others more acc but that's me.) Very nice mod, keep up the good work!

PS for INFers, if nothing else it shows what UT4 can do and what a "realistic" mod can feel like in that setting, which is very nice indeed. Then again I just may be drunk from lack of sleep, so ignore the incoherency of my thoughts.