d3d now slower???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SadaraK

Groving in UT since 1999
Jan 1, 2001
UK
K this will take a little explanation....

I just up graded from PIII 500 running on an abit via chipset m/b to a 1 gig athlon tbird running on a gigabyte m/b with amb chip set (bare with me here). The thing is this I can now run the city intro in 1024 by 768-32bit color with everything turned on and all detail high (execpt volumetric lighting) and I get 68 fps average running in open gl.
The thing is for some reason when I run in d3d now I get a big drop in frame rates (about 20 to 25) with all the same settings as open gl. Now b4 I upgraded my computer open gl always ran about 5 fps second slower than d3d and Im wondering why?
In case u are wondering Im using the same open gl and d3d dll files for UT that I was b4 (the new posted ones) and Im running the same graphics card drivers aswell (I have a herc prof GF2 GTS 32mb).
Im not realy complaining that much but it would be nice to know why d3d is suddenly running alot slower than it used to cause it gives me the feeling that if I got it running properly then I may be able to get more fps in d3d than open gl (Im a frame freak ok :)

MonkeyOps@work

Fragtastic
Mar 6, 2001
St. Louis, MO
www.armspower.com
i always get about 25FPS on my system... I have about the same computer configuration.

Asus P2B-F Motherboard
Pentium 3 500MHz
Asus AGP-V3800 32MB video (killer card!!!)
256MB PC100 RAM
SB Live - XGamer (hardware driven)
Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical (smooth ride)
Gateway EV500 15" monitor (sux)
3Com Officeconnect NIC connecting me to my "sweeeeet" cable connection that is currently running..... hold on, lemme go check......... 3800Kbps!!!!!!!!

kerilk

Feb 13, 2001
Visit site
Think this is because of your AGP driver (for the amd) try to install the latest driver for your chipset, I had a friend with the same problem. Hope this helps.