PS3 does not find USERDATA.JAM?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
I formatted my USB drive in FAT32, which PS3 uses, and placed my PS3 cook on there, and placed that into the PS3, going into the Community/Mod Browser/Import thing, and it said that it couldn't find the mod/map on it. Anyone know what to do to remedy this situation? I'm hearing that mod/map files are easily corrupted on a USB drive/flash card when used with a PS3, but...I'm wondering if this would be the fault of newer firmware updates or what. Anyone have any ideas? The thumb drive is a PNY Attache 4GB, btw, if this is significant.

Last edited:

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
To clarify myself, in the Community/Mod Browser area of the PS3 version, when I hit Square, and select the USB Device, it comes up with the message "The import operation could not be completed. There is no data on the storage media." I mean, what the--? I could have sworn that I did everything to the letter. If there are any extra steps I should have done, enlighten me, because I did everything that I was supposed to that I can tell... Wonder if me using 64-bit Windows 7 to format and place the file on the drive had anything to do with that...perhaps Sony's picky about how the PS3 can use the files without being corrupt?

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
Duplicate it. Put one copy on the root, the other under ps3\savedata\blus30086-modimport( or whatever it's called).