I R Homing MIssle.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Why are you here?

• Because I'm addicted to forums

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Because I'm addicted to mods and post in the vain hope that I am not alone ;)

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Where?

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • ::blinks:: ::wanders off::

• I DON'T KNOW YOU STALKER!

• Total voters

Entity

Jan 3, 2002
Visit site
I think it would be interesting to spawn as a redeemer\strangelove. the IR Missle mod. (note I never said fun or cool.)

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
ummmm..... spawn as a strangelove missile?

Just fire one. same effect..... :p

Entity

Jan 3, 2002
Visit site
twas merely a joke. and no it's not quite the same....spawning as one would mean that you can't jump off. there's no you to jump off.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I dunno, sure doesn't sound hard to do. Whether it's interesting or fun or not is another thing ;) but it sure doesn't sound hard to do.

Entity

Jan 3, 2002
Visit site
ROFL.... it's a primitave human concept called a joke. I'm not very good at applying it as it requires deccelerating mental processes by a factor of 2.

this was a farce and IF anyone produces it I will A) laugh quite hard and B) maim them for their own good.

if you want to experience the goodness of being a missile go DL the glorious mod called Strangelove.

unit4

Novice Coder
Jan 18, 2002
no where
Visit site
ok makes sense to me.
and ive played strangelove i like it.
and i play it with unlimited ammo mutor and strangelove only.
or grab a normal redeemer. and well this anamation is what i like to do. JK...

:redeemer:

:boom:

Pxtl

Lord of the Files
Jan 30, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
While I realize he's kidding

There may be a grain of sanity in that lunatic concept.

Think - Tweak strangelove so its a lot harder to die when you hit a wall. Now, add controls for steering the strangelove while you're in aiming mode (I forget what key it is to switch from steering mode to aim mode - use the strafe controls for the new steering). Turn the explosion death size down (that's already in the mute menu). Remove the difference between hull damage and health/armor. Give the player 3 seconds after spawning, then the rocket auto launches, and you can't hop off. That allows the player time to aim, so he doesnt shoot himself right at a wall. Don't play this on cramped maps.

You now have a neat hybrid of UT and Airfight - like airfight with UT weapons and UT levels, and a turret. Plus the fun unrealism of not dying when you bump into somthing. It might be tricky to pick things up - perhaps a grappling hook might be needed to grab weapons and powerups (not to mention possible sharp turns if the coders are patient enough for that) - otherwise, just reducing the wallhit damage to negligible would allow you to pick up gear well too.

This could be good. Maybe I should send this along to the dude who made Strangelove2?