Boney's New Car

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Hey little Bro. Give us an update on this 350Z you will be aquiring. I noticed 2 white ones in our parking garage at work and they look Sweet.

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
How the hell does someone else make a new car thread for you haha. Jeez dave I feel like you're rushing me! I'm going to take one for a test drive tomorrow. They're asking price is $1000 over kelley blue book, and they say no haggle pricing... well, Boneys gonna haggle :lol:.

Anyway, I'll definately let you know how it goes. Either with a picture of it in my driveway or by a rant about stupid ass car salesman. :p

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Very nice Young Man.
Hopefully, GEICO saves you some money.
When you going to get Lights for Underneath and some Spinners?? :lol::lol:

Bonecrusher

Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!! Nice CAR!!

Oh yes I did :)

Now see, two people in the car, and neither one is you. That ain't right, is it?

So you were able to talk them down a bit?

Thats because I was already in it. It was like a miniature party over here when we brought it home. And yes, I talked them down enough to where the sale price + tax + tags came out to just under their original asking price. I was happy enough with that.

Very nice Young Man.
Hopefully, GEICO saves you some money.
When you going to get Lights for Underneath and some Spinners?? :lol::lol:

Geico is saving me quite a bit of money. I'm calling my old insurance company on Monday to say PEACE OUT. No underglow or spinners in the plans ;) I'm going to save some money first... then the plan is to get a spoiler... and then a new set of shoes (19" Volk GT-S... 10.5" wide in the rear omggg), and upgrade the sound system.

But first and foremost I'm ordering an expensive car cover. ;)

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
So what did you do with your Probe, trade it in?

And I hope you go with something "practical" on the spoiler. Nothing ruins the look of a car so much as when peeps put some kind of goofy TV-antenna-looking thing on the back of their car. I've seen some stuff so wild, you'd think they installed a heat sink on their vehicle it had so many fins. :lol:

PS - BC, could you check to see if your stock wheels would fit on a 05 Altima 2.5 S? If you don't want to keep them as backups, I might take the original rims off your hands (tires, too, if they're in good shape). Offset HPO Lugs: 5 x 114.3

Last edited:

Bonecrusher

Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
So what did you do with your Probe, trade it in?

And I hope you go with something "practical" on the spoiler. Nothing ruins the look of a car so much as when peeps put some kind of goofy TV-antenna-looking thing on the back of their car. I've seen some stuff so wild, you'd think they installed a heat sink on their vehicle it had so many fins. :lol:

PS - BC, could you check to see if your stock wheels would fit on a 05 Altima 2.5 S? If you don't want to keep them as backups, I might take the original rims off your hands (tires, too, if they're in good shape). Offset HPO Lugs: 5 x 114.3

Dude, you can't have my wheels :p

If I were to get a spoiler it'll probably be the Stillen Version 1. I thought about going veilside... but it costs like $650

I still have the probe as the daily beater (like its been for the past 5 years). This car is the weekend & nice weather baby. ;)

Iceburgs

The Iceman Cometh....
Jul 22, 2002
Baltimore County, MD
I still have the probe as the daily beater (like its been for the past 5 years). This car is the weekend & nice weather baby. ;)
You know what would save you a lot on car insurance? Selling the beater! I remember looking into insuring two cars--one of which would be a weekend vehicle--when I was already 25-years-old. They wanted waaaayyyy too much!

So, I can understand why you would want to upgrade it, but doesn't the Z already come with a pretty good sound system?

Bonecrusher

Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
You know what would save you a lot on car insurance? Selling the beater! I remember looking into insuring two cars--one of which would be a weekend vehicle--when I was already 25-years-old. They wanted waaaayyyy too much!

So, I can understand why you would want to upgrade it, but doesn't the Z already come with a pretty good sound system?

The sound system in this Z isn't the Bose Premium system... so its just average. It'll be one of the upgrades I do eventually after I save up some more money.

Having the two cars insured with them really isn't that bad.

Broken down the Probe's premium is $457.30 and the Z is $668.80. I get a $146 discount for insuring two cars with them, $45 off because both vehicles have passive restraints, $32 off for the new car discount among a few other smaller things, I get $250 in discounts.

SO, considering I'm going to do everything I possibly can to keep this Z absolutely gorgeous, the probe is still going to be driven much more than the Z, so its worth it to me. I never knew what an almost new high performance car was like... and now I do, and I love love love it :)

I'm going to have to take more pictures so I can put up a website for it :D

I'll post a clip as soon as comcast fixes their ****.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Sounds Good! Especially taking off from stop sign and considering the distance. Now explain why your Dad was driving again and not taking the video? LOL:lol::lol:

Don't worry you will be a pro in know time..

Bonecrusher

Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
I'm getting better. I drove it to Todd's house on Thursday... and took my sister out for a ride later on that night. It sucks the weatehr hasn't been working out... I only got to take it to work once this week.

My next project is coming up with a web design and getting some good pictures of the thing so I can put up a website like I did for the probe.

I posted this picture on facebook and I know Morty saw it... but I'll post it here, gives you a better shot of the whole car :)

Attachments

• zdesktop.jpg
    zdesktop.jpg
    871.2 KB · Views: 26