Tech Fences very weak

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

sangoku22

Jan 19, 2005
Is there a way to make Tech fences and turrents have more health/armor on my server???
Maybe there is a command???

JaGo

nbk-JaGo
Feb 24, 2004
sangoku22 said:
Is there a way to make Tech fences and turrents have more health/armor on my server???
Maybe there is a command???

Sorry, as far as I know turret and fence health is NOT configurable in the game.

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
While a valid is being made that energy walls may be weak: Why would you want to give turrets more health? :confused:

JaGo

nbk-JaGo
Feb 24, 2004
Emmet Otter said:
The last thing we need is a gazillion mutators for a game that doesnt even draw 100 players a night to play.

EMMET!!!!!!!!!!!

You ARE still lurking around, aren't you??!!

sangoku22

Jan 19, 2005
PRG said:
While a valid is being made that energy walls may be weak: Why would you want to give turrets more health? :confused:

True... but I personaly think a tech's turrent is just like a gunner's rocket launcher... and his armor.

Its like his "pet" in a way :)

But yes, I think the fence is in more need of more health/armor then the turret.

**This is pretty much an opinion thing... some people want more health, some don't.

Last edited:

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
there is nothing wrong with the turrets armor and fences armour
they are balanced just about right to get rid of them with the available weapons, turrets need a little more fixing though but that's in another thread.

about the fences, they are balanced very good, it was this way in xmp and it's this way in utxmp.

.pot.OptimusPrime

Philosopher stoned
Nov 1, 2004
Finland
Aye aye. Fences should kill you when you attempt to walk through them. Hey folks, they´re laser!!! Not instagib, but a backward bounce and few dozen hitpoints off. They should also be vulnerable only at their ends where the machinery is. Now their only function is to delay artifact capture from node and that aint much.

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
fences were useless in the first place in most instances
walling an outside area does what exactly?
walling around a deploy does what?
the only use was holding up ppl at the node and blocking windows
and seeing as most of the maps have alot of outdoor areas whats the point

Towanda

Aug 9, 2000
www.boteam.net
put the fences close to the wall on ie the upper teleporters in the artifact room in XMP-Garden is a very efficient way to block that entry for enemies, same thing on numerous other spots. only way to get rid of them kills you in the process. I think they are very usefull if you know how to use them, maybe the "lasers" need to be a little more strengh, i dunno but if they are the same as in u2xmp that is fine.

edit: what really needs tending to (if that is not fixed) is that you cant teleport out again if the fences are there which is very annonying :nag:

Last edited:

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
fireball said:
No it's not. The fences are ****. You can drive into one with a raptor, kill it, and keep going.

fences are not sh*t, raptor armor is overpowered, all classes and they're weapons react to the fences like in xmp, nobody complained about it in xmp but now all of a sudden some fools think it's unbalanced while the only prob is that the fences should do a little damage to a players of enemy team walking into it and the raptor riding into it with raptor surviving, but that's a raptor problem and not a fence armour problem

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
No, force walls are easier to destroy. My standard node defence is completely taken out with a single EMP grenade in UTXMP, where in u2xmp it took 2 to remove the walls on each side of the node (or sometimes 1 if you know exactly where to place it)

I've not really tested it, but I think the EMP has a wider radius or maybe the u2xmp force wall would block the effects of the EMP for anything at the other side of the wall.

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
Jubei said:
fences are not sh*t, raptor armor is overpowered, all classes and they're weapons react to the fences like in xmp, nobody complained about it in xmp but now all of a sudden some fools think it's unbalanced while the only prob is that the fences should do a little damage to a players of enemy team walking into it and the raptor riding into it with raptor surviving, but that's a raptor problem and not a fence armour problem
Test it. Open U2XMP. Grab rockets/shocklance secondary. Fire at the fence. Count the number of shots. Then fire at the posts and count. Notice the massive difference.
Then open UTXMP. Do it again. Note the utter lack of a difference.

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
Is is slightly different. Expecially with the emp (ranger and tech) weapons - it's a shame there isn't the damage dealt/sustained info in the console (like in source games for example) for people to compare...
Turrets at the moment are stronger than before, and fences are weaker... Not that it makes that much of a difference to overall gameplay, unless the issue of turret spamming is at hand... :D