Good Lightning, bad lightning!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Good Lightning: The Tampa Bay Lightning won the Stanley Cup! Woohoo!!!

Bad lightning: We had a storm last night in Tampa and the electricity went off 4 times. Two of those times I was on the computer and my Klipsch speakers make a serious popping sound when it happens and it sounds like something went bad inside the case. Everytime this happens it freaks me out. And, I wasn't on the computer during the storm. The first time was before it started and the second time was after it passed just before midnight.

Just doing some venting..................:biggrin2:

Corion

Reviewer Dude ... Guy
Apr 18, 2004
Houston, TX
I always turn my PC and all its peripherals off during lightning storms of any magnitude. I'm too afraid something is going to break, and I don't have the money to replace it.

Oh: and I wanted to add ... its best to leave any software volume sliders down to about half (windows volume control, in-game volumes) and adjust the volume using your speaker nobs, if possible. This way the software won't try to output amplified sounds your speaker's can't interpret properly (or safely). I always got a little popping or clicking when I used the software sliders, but since I started using my speaker volume nob, I've had a lot less problem with them.

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Well, I keep the sliders where they are and adjust the speaker volume. The problem is my main volume is at about 3/4 to 4/5 up and my speaker volume only goes up to 80 and if I turn it way down, I would have to almost crank it all the way up all the time. Anyway, I may try some adjusting this summer on that anyway.