Porting from OpenSim to UnrealEngine 2,it's possible?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

freddy83

Oct 2, 2009
Hello,
i've made a virtual world with OpenSim and the secondlife viewer, it's possible to transfer this world in Unreal Engine 2?
and if the answer is yes, how i cando that?
Thanks

INFECTED

Oct 3, 2009
Hi everyone,
I'm in a similar situation, I'm new for the Unreal Engine and I was asked to make a porting of a virtual world already created in OpenSim into Unreal Engine, without rebuilding it from scratch, but I don't know where to start... any ideas?

And what is the latest academic version of Unreal Engine? I've found UnrealEngine2Runtime (2226.20.02) but I was wondering if there was even a version 3.

Thanks a lot in advance!

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
I imagine, you'd have to get all of the original assets or be able to convert them into the forms that Unreal Engine accept or editors can export too. For static meshes, ASE is the format you need, for skeletal meshes and animations you need to use the 3DSMax / Maya plug ins, for textures most formats are acceptable and lastly everything else probably has to be rebuilt.