UT2kX CTF-TheDecks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Deck 16 and its hot neighbor make up a relatively compact CTF map, that should create some interesting matches due to its many paths between the bases.
This map's layout was crated by Óscar 'G.Lecter' Crego for Jailbreak 2004 and is based on DM-Deck17 by Teddie 'teddabod' Tapawan. Unlike most other "double Decks", including Teddie's own CTF version, "The Decks" share the corridor with the Flak Cannon.
In other words, the map is played "across", not "along" the main room. The three ramps as well as the rooms to the left and right of the great main room act as connections between both sides of the map. It is possible to almost arbitrarily change the path in the middle of the map, because they are connected via the Flak Cannon corridor and the Bio Rifle corridor above it.

Download Links:

Screenshots:
TheDecks1.jpg
TheDecks2.jpg
TheDecks3.jpg
TheDecks4.jpg
TheDecks5.jpg
TheDecks6.jpg

Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Thanks for resurrecting it! :tup: It's cool to see it released after being on the JB forums for almost 7 years! Hopefully the JB version will see the light of the day soon too... :D

Could you provide a different download link? I wouldn't like to register at UTzone just to download it...

stevelois

Aug 31, 2009
stevelois.com
That look awesome & sound very interesting :D

Plz, add a dwn mirror. I too won't register on a German site (don't understand nothing anyway because I'm French) just to download a map.

THX for sharing :)

Tux Android

Voice Pack Penguin
May 19, 2011
Philippines
This looks great. Never seen this. :D

@G.Lecter and @stevelois: Yea, he didn't manage to release this map on his UT2004 downloads section. Also, this map is not listed on the Newest Downloads (Neueste Downloads) section on the right navigation bar at UTzone.de, once one of the admins on the site examines this map, it will appeared shortly and will downloaded in public (unregistered and registered).

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Tried downloading from your website and utzone and neither one would unrar for me (used Chrome and IE8 with same results). Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? It says something like unknown method.
EDIT: Is it because you used a newer version of WinRAR or 7zip for the final version versus beta2?

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Nope, same 7-zip version as before. Just accidentally used LZMA2 method instead of LZMA. WinRAR supports that method since version 3.91 final (current is 4.20), so you might want to upgrade to be able to open archives with this and other newer compression methods.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Just want to warn everyone that if you try to unRAR this map and it doesn't work, then please delete the CTF-TheDecks.ut2 file from Maps subdirectory or you'll get a runtime error and UT2004 won't run. Then, of course, update your WinRAR program or get 7zip as author suggests.

Tux Android

Voice Pack Penguin
May 19, 2011
Philippines
Good conversion from the original JB.

Good atmosphere on the blue base and the middle area. Great adding the slime version in the blue base (but not in JB) which I liked and ramps also, as well as the number symbols 16 in blue (UT99) and 17 in red (UT2004). Same layout and more textures, but different paths and different item placement. Great gameplay and the bots are fine, my team will defend for life. Playing the JB version of the map first before I saw this CTF conversion. Great job! ;)

Mirror:
http://ut2004.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Maps/CTF/&file=CTF-TheDecks.7z

BTW, can you upload the latest JB version of this map (by G.Lecter)? I want to download the original also. :)

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
BTW, can you upload the latest JB version of this map (by G.Lecter)? I want to download the original also. :)

Wow, I don't even remember releasing a public beta of this map... :con: The latest version requires an unreleased update of the Jailbreak mod to work. We should be releasing that soon though, and my map will be included there among the other 'official' maps... ;)