Invisible guns in an online match...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Guys, I´ve been hosting INF server to train some noobs friends of mine, but I usually get the "invisible gun bug" when I use some mutators, like Crowze´s IWE and Conglomera´s IBT... the first only "disappears" the Mk23, the G3, probably all guns affect by the mutator, and IBT does that to all guns...
Is there any specifi arquive to install to make my server more compactible? If thats a serverpackage problem, why they don´t dl the .u and .ini files from my server? (those guys didn´t installed IWE or IBT in their machines...)
INF_Admin would solve this problem? So many questions, such a little time...:rolleyes:

BTW, there´s absolutly no way to use SWNM online???? TWT Zombies and INF_MOnsters2 makes the "new characters" (zombies and aliens) invisible to my players (only me, the admin, see them)...

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Hummm... I See, I have to add them manually in the .ini archive... is there a tutorial or topicto guide me to do it right, this time around?
I only used the internal browser... doing manual editing scares me, thats why I never use report diretion and such mutators... MultiMut helps in a situation like this???

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
There's nothing to be scared of with manual editing, especially with the UT engine the ini files are very well layed out, you can remove a setting completely and it will use the default, and if somehow you (or the engine, which does tend to screw up the ini if it crashes on startup) mess up you can always restore a copy of it (UT comes with a Default.ini and DefUser.ini, I suggest everyone make copies of the equivalent Inf ini files as well).

ServerPackages. There are 2 purposes of the SP list, one is to make sure the clients have all the required files, second is to make sure the clients have the correct version of these files. Mostly it is for client-side mutators - anything that comes with a map (textures, sounds, deco packs etc.) should be sent automatically, and server-side mutators normally mention in the readme that they should not be added to the SP list (although it doesn't usually harm).

All you need to do is put the package name in the list e.g. if it's InfWeaponEnhancement.u, add ServerPackages=InfWeaponEnhancement (without the .u) to the list. I don't know of any tools or mutators that do this automatically other than UMODS, and they are less than reliable.

That should be all you need to get going, but its also useful to know this. Files downloaded from a server go into a client's Cache, which is cleaned out periodically (again, setting is in the ini). If a client has the actual file (e.g. UT/System/InfWeaponEnhancement.u) but a different version that the one the server is using, they will get a 'version mismatch' and will not be able to connect until they remove the file. If they have the incorrect file but it is in the cache, UT will ignore it and they will be able to download as normal. The issue then is, files in the cache cannot be used for offline games.

I hope that all makes sense :).

Corporal_Lib [BR]

A little trick but not impossible (so, I should list the serverpackage in a right cue to make the mutties "talk to each other" i.e., Conglomera´s IBT should be listed before some other mutties and after IMT WP, etc etc... right?
Multi_Mutties and Inf_admin would do any good, or they help other advanced server features? Anyway, I´ll try the serverpackage listing, and then come back here with some issue, if there´s any (hope not ;-)
Thx a lot, Crowze! I´ll keep on trying to bring more players to INF! XD

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
The order doesn't really matter, it will make sure all packages on the client are up-to-date before trying to do anything with them. The order *might* matter when the mutators are loaded (either by MultiMut or manually), either if it specifically requires it (e.g. UTDC) or it is buggy (IWE).

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Well, i´ve done it, just have to test it w/ my trainees, but it seems to be ok (inf runned without a crash, heheh)... [=)
Crowze, were do I get MultiMut? i know it manages several mutties at the same time, but what good does it makes? Save server memory? makes the work cleaner? easy to configure, even manually?
ThX a lot for the help, Crowze! 8D

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Yes, multi-mut just allows you to get by from the limit in the command line. Once you reach that limit the server will run but you can not connect to it.

It is also far easier to manage multi-mut than use the command line [IMO]. To get the proper syntax for multi-mut, just open the mutator's int file to get the code name.

Example for UT Compass:
1. Open UTCompass.int in note pad.
2. Find Object=(Name=UTCompass.UTCompassMut,
3. Take UTCompass.UTCompassMut to multimut.ini and enter in like this: MutsToLoad[1]="UTCompass.UTCompassMut"
4. repeat the process for each mutator you want to load.