Skinning Noob - Help Please

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hollywood_vb

Oct 21, 2003
Visit site
Hello all. I've been lurking for awhile and found excellent info and great peeps here. I decided to signup and hope to be able to offer my help. I love making maps but I am not very creative and that makes for boring maps. :rolleyes: I am currently learning to make skins for UT (not 2k3). I need input on what to use (software wise: I have PaintShopPro and Photoshop) and how. Thanks for any info you can give.

Thanks,
Hollywood_vb

Kage

-Stealth Elite-
Oct 21, 2003
stealthelite.myfreebb.com
Photoshop works out great for skinning. I've been using it for years now and have had no complaints. You should be able to find some plug-ins at the Beyond Unreal network for photoshop. Besides that there are a ton of utilities and patches that will help you to master skinning techniques all over the place, UT SkinMaker is a fairly simple tool that'll help out somewhat if you are an extreme noob. I think I'll dig around and see where iI got most of the tools I use and try to get it posted up here soon. Good Luck

Kage

-Stealth Elite-
Oct 21, 2003
stealthelite.myfreebb.com
The old sites I used to use for reference seem to be all gone. But I am currently working on a multi gaming site and should have some tuturs and other things up for UT Editing, among other things, in the near future. But for now here is a couple of my old skin maps I used when first building skins.

Attachments

• WireMap-FemSol.jpg.jpg
    WireMap-FemSol.jpg.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 32
  • WireMap-MaleSol.jpg.jpg
    WireMap-MaleSol.jpg.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited: