UT3 DOM Dated, Screenshots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
After looking at some posts here and on your forum...

Don't you think BU would have hosted your forums if you asked?
It would likely solve some of your problems as they'd easily be able to set you up with a private dev team forum and such as we have with jailbreak (not that a lot is going on there at the moment). I could be wrong but I can almost guarantee beyondunreal would be happy to help you in any way possible.

DDRRE

Flesh is a design flaw.
Feb 13, 2004
Israel
I must say I prefer playing DDOM to playing classic DOM. Nevertheless, good job.

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Alright, I apologize for the extreme miscommunication. Me, Snake.PLiSkin, Mr. UglyPants and StraTooS (aka Ignotium) are testing the Pre-Final UT3DOM, and seeing what is good, needs the final tweaking, etc. But we are still uncertain how long it will take to eb public. It could be uploaded in half an hour...it could even be uploaded in a weeks time. I apolgize for the late delay, but we do want UT3DOM to eb really perfected as best as possible.

Anyway, so far, the maps seem OK...I tested them all, and I see no errors, but StraTooS wants a few removed, such as Cinder and Condemned v1 (for reasons that involves slight incomplteness and/or not really tested that well).

StraTooS will give the next update to the quality fo the mod, and he'll decide when the mod is ready for release. Whatever he says, goes. ;)

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
We are closer to the UT3DOM final release. Pre-Final was distributed to the mappers, Snake.PLiSKIN and other personell who worked for the mod, to see what needed the final touches done to. Turns out there was in total of 6 known glitches/mistakes/errors:

1) The -nohomedirectory option crashes ut3 with ut3dom installed.

2) One of the levels doesn't have a screenshot. Turns out that level is not the final version, hence it will be uploaded to the ftp tonight.

3) This is a UT3 Patch 1.2 issue: sometimes the bots hog around the dom point after capturing. This will be fixed in the 1.3 Patch beta 2 (hopefully).

4) Patch 1.3 Beta 1 with UT3DOM and other custom maps is not a good mix (at all!) if you have installed v1.3 beta 1 (and then installed v1.2 over it), just uninstall UT3 completely and do a complete reinstall with the v1.2 patch and ut3dom. What will happen is your UnrealEd will render useless (it'll crash after moving the camera slightly all the time), and UT3 will crash loading the custom gametypes, such as UT3DOM.

5) With Double Domination running on Classic Domination gametype levels, the DDOM points will pick the top 2 points in the level, rather than splitting them up evenly.

6) DOM-Aki has a glitch where one Chinese entrance structure is floating on ground. It's in a non playable area where it was placed, and you can only tell this glitch when you're spectating the level. playing it you will not notice.

If we find more glitches, we shall fix them up and recompile the setup for public release. :)

Take care everyone! :)

«:MX:»RoninMastaFX

Last edited:

Tweakd

Multiplayer notepad ftw!
Feb 20, 2008
Scotland
I apolgize for the late delay, but we do want UT3DOM to eb really perfected as best as possible.

Anyway, so far, the maps seem OK...I tested them all, and I see no errors, but StraTooS wants a few removed, such as Cinder and Condemned v1 (for reasons that involves slight incomplteness and/or not really tested that well).

StraTooS will give the next update to the quality fo the mod, and he'll decide when the mod is ready for release. Whatever he says, goes.

Great stuff and thanks for the update. I would much rather wait an extra week than be slightly disappointed that some problems were overlooked. Good on you StraTooS :)

Tweakd

Multiplayer notepad ftw!
Feb 20, 2008
Scotland
4) Patch 1.3 Beta 1 with UT3DOM and other custom maps is not a good mix (at all!) if you have installed v1.3 beta 1 (and then installed v1.2 over it), just uninstall UT3 completely and do a complete reinstall with the v1.2 patch and ut3dom. What will happen is your UnrealEd will render useless (it'll crash after moving the camera slightly all the time), and UT3 will crash loading the custom gametypes, such as UT3DOM.

I assume this means there is a problem with UT3DOM and beta patch 1.3? So basically if youhave ever applied the new beta patch then you will need to reinstall?

Wunderbar_007

.Lateral Thought.
Nov 11, 2005
Montreal
We are closer to the UT3DOM final release. Pre-Final was distributed to the mappers, Snake.PLiSKIN and other personell who worked for the mod, to see what needed the final touches done to. Turns out there was in total of 6 known glitches/mistakes/errors:

1) The -nohomedirectory option crashes ut3 with ut3dom installed.

2) One of the levels doesn't have a screenshot. Turns out that level is not the final version, hence it will be uploaded to the ftp tonight.

3) This is a UT3 Patch 1.2 issue: sometimes the bots hog around the dom point after capturing. This will be fixed in the 1.3 Patch beta 2 (hopefully).

5) With Double Domination running on Classic Domination gametype levels, the DDOM points will pick the top 2 points in the level, rather than splitting them up evenly.

6) DOM-Aki has a glitch where one Chinese entrance structure is floating on ground. It's in a non playable area where it was placed, and you can only tell this glitch when you're spectating the level. playing it you will not notice.

If we find more glitches, we shall fix them up and recompile the setup for public release. :)

Take care everyone! :)

«:MX:»RoninMastaFX

Hey Ronin! So does this mean we might see it tomorrow? Also, in the eventual release, will there be two available downloads? One for Domination and one for DoubleDomination? or is this one big package?

Either way, thank you for the update :)

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
We are getting closer to the release. Snake.PLiSKIN has fixed all of the issues (except the v1.3 path beta 1 bug). the -nohomedirectory was fixed, but if it crashes UT3, then you did not install UT3DOM correctly. ;)

Other than that, all issues known have been fixed (there was a total of 18 errors in total approx., but only 17 of them have been fixed, again, the v1.3 beta patch 1 has issues. XD

If this updated release is good, I'll upload the PS3 and PC version of UT3DOM within 24 hours. :)

We UT3DOM Crew members you enjoy this product once it is released. We worked long and hard to bring you a quality release mod. We also hope that the folks at Epic Games will be impressed and port it to the XBOX 360 if Microsoft allows or however it'll work, so you won't eb deprived on the xbox360 version of ut3. ;)

Many thanks everyone! :)

~The UT3DOM Crew~

In73gr4L

Jan 22, 2008
Just wondering, since you're configuring everything to work with patch 1.3 beta, what are the chances of the official/final version of patch 1.3 being incompatible with the mod? Anyway good work with the mod. If this mod turns out to be great I hope Epic bundle it with a bonus pack.:D

Last edited:

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Just wondering, since you're configuring everything to work with patch 1.3 beta, what are the chances of the official/final version of patch 1.3 being incompatible with the mod? Anyway good work with the mod. If this mod turns out to be great I hope Epic bundle it with a bonus pack.:D

eh? :con: This is designed to work with v1.2 final patch, but it has problems with 1.3 beta 1 patch. XD Try not to get confused there. :p

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Cept we still need massive testing, i've recruited someone to help test, on the form his name is like GreenGldner or something.

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Massive testing is correct my friend. :) The pre-final 1 was the pre-testing version, to see how well the version can eb used for the massive testing. We've fixed up and remade the new version to pre-final 2 for the massive testing version. :)

For anyone who wants to join testing UT3DOM...please PM me. We need as much testers for UT3DOM as possible. You will be documented in the readme. However, you are not allowed to leak it XD Which I'm sure no-one will do. :)

Just send me, StraToos or Mr. UglyPants an email, and we'll see if you're trustworthy enough to test our wonderful masterpiece. Note: you'll need v1.2 UT3 for testing. :)

Alhanalem

Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
As long as it's not crashing the game anymore, I think people can deal with minor issues :)

Alhanalem

Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
That said, if you keep putting it off because of some new issue, you'll be in development forever. Talk to the people at 3D realms for example. :p

Wunderbar_007

.Lateral Thought.
Nov 11, 2005
Montreal
Yea guys, take your time :) Also glad to hear most of the issues were worked out! Unfortunately for me, my video card fried otherwize I'd be willing to help you test it :(

Alhanalem

Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Ok, having offered to help you guys out, I 've seen a few issues:

1) DOM-Apodos does not have a level preview

2) Default score limit for vehicle double domination is 50. That would take a really, really long time.

3) in multi-team Double Domination, it is virtually impossible to score with the default settings. It's partially because of the size of most of the maps, but I suggest one of two things. Either:

- Drastically reduce the default countdown time (to like 5 seconds- That's the most I was ever able to keep both points for) -OR-
-Use all control points as normal domination, and a team must hold the same two out of three for a longer period of time. Only the points used to score are locked afterward.

Obviously, the first solution is far simpler, as changing the INI included in the mod is the only change that would need to be made. I suggest you do this, and consider the second idea for the future.

Aside from that, I've played a match or or two on every map, using various mutators, and everything more or less is working perfectly. It seems the -nohomedir issue got fixed, as it's working fine for me here.

If you have a test server up, I couldn't see it. If you do have one, its possible some kind of configuraiton isn't properly set. My understanding is custom games use an alternate master or something like that, but the mod needs to be properly set up to use it. I'm not the right person to ask about this, though.

-edit- found another issue- Bots don't seem to know they need to get out of their vehicles/hoverboards when they reach a control point when playing with hoverboards enabled, or when playing vehicle domination/double domination. I spotted a bot on my team hovering over an unclaimed control point on the hoverboard. he wouldn't move from that spot because the point wasn't under our team's control, but since he couldn't change its control on the hoverboard, he stood there. Once I touched the control point, he continued normally.

Last edited: