JB-Skaraphat [was: JB-Bio vegetal]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mychaeel

ZedMaestro said:
In Jailbreak, there was a problem that when there werent enough PlayerStarts in open play, players would spawn in jail. This was solved with a hax that will spawn you on a pathnode if there are no available PlayerStarts. It is possible that the pathnode is in an "advantageous" (or "disadvantageous ", depends how you look at it) position.
That information is wayyy outdated -- actually, it relates to Jailbreak III only.

Jailbreak 200x makes players who can't spawn where they should because there aren't enough PlayerStarts wait until a PlayerStart is unoccupied.

When players start in the enemy base, my best bet would be that all PlayerStarts have the same TeamNumber set -- in that case, Jailbreak 200x uses them all alike for both teams. (Technically, PlayerStarts with the wrong TeamNumber have a lower rating than ones with the right TeamNumber, but since they've all got the same lower rating, they're all the same again.)

57@RDU57

OMGitsfullofstars
Dec 1, 2004
Raptors...

Kantham said:
for the monsters .. , if somme one can make a velociraptor , it is ok , but i will never add a monster like 'warlord , pupea ...

Maybe you could try to get in touch with the guy who made the Deinonychus model. Perhaps it could be tweaked a bit so that it actually bites and slashes people...

BTW, it would be really cool if someone did use some U1 monsters in his execution sequence. Preferably monsters that look and behave like animals (i.e. not Warlords, Krall, Skaarj Troopers etc., but Pupae, Mantas, Biter Fish, Nali Cows...).

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
yea i saw this model long time ago , it is a nice one
i have no Expertise for coding ..

it is not so bad .. you hear a guy Scream to death ... and the palm trees are shaking ...

but puting a raptor on Execution Sequence is not a bad idea (imho)

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
I had that idea when i remembered Jurassic park.
Remember the bit when two guys were talking outside a raptor cage and they lowered this cow into it? all you could hear was the cow going "Moooooo!!!!" ...trees shaking..and the high pitch sound of raptor screaming.
Idea was kinda flawed at the thought of using the lift as the exit and execution could get messy :hmm: ........ oh and mapping for more then 20mins gets me angry some how :)

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
I finally got around playing this map.

Already mentioned points:
- the corona's at the bases are far too bright.
- the execution would be nicer with monsters at the bottom of the pit.

Other points:
- You can escape death sequence in jail by standing on the signs, standing on the meshes at the top, standing on the pilars, even standing on the door, ..., see screenshot
- You can get on the outher wall (double jumping and piston jump), see screenshot.
- You can even get outside the map (walking on top of the outher wall until you find the opening at the corner which let you go over it), see screeshot. Just make sure they can't get on the wall, then it's not possible to get outside of the map too.

Overall impression, a nice and small, fun map to play.
Good work :)

Attachments

• 1 EscapingExecution.jpg
    1 EscapingExecution.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 2 OutherWall.jpg
    2 OutherWall.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 3 OutsideMap.jpg
    3 OutsideMap.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 36

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
you always put your bots to Agresive when ur alone in jail? ;)

thx for repporting bugs

i will gather them a bit again , to make a Gold version ....

Last edited:

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Gold tags were only used to suffix the names of the ECE maps that were improved from the original release maps. This map can be quite happily released as JB-Skaraphat without a -Gold suffix on it :)

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
ZedMaestro said:
This map can be quite happily released as JB-Skaraphat without a -Gold suffix on it :)
I think for the next time you first bring out the map with a beta-suffix or something, then wait for the reactions, make the a new beta-version and if this is OK, make a final version and then upload the final to Nalicity. ;)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
trust me , 'gold' - (SE) edition will have all bugs fixed ....... (ALMOST

like the coronas .. -_-

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
I dont really like the idea of 'gold edition's I end up having two sets of maps filling up my hard drive o__-
Sometimes i dont even like the new bits :eek: (alot of the time you fix the bits i like to hide in :rolleyes:)
*shakes fist at zed for 'TB proff-ing' his maps* :eek:

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
possible ,

i am foward for JB-Templus ]Evo[

but i have big problems whit the ut2k3 compatibility ,

if i go deep in detail , when i select all the complete arena (in the editor)
and i erase it , it disapear (like normal) and then , hit buil geo - or buil all , and

you know the story :rolleyes:

Bobfungus

Jun 6, 2004
Right, my comments:

-As said, the coronas are blinding
-For the glitch where you can stand on stuff in the jail, I would just put a thin blocking volume around the stuff so nobody can stand on it.
-There is still the problem of humans crouching on the opening doors in the execution. you could leave this in as a novelty, but I think you could use a kicker to give everyone a gentle shove so they fall into the pit.
-You don't put a space before a comma. (I bought some ice cream, orange flavored)
-Run the map description through a spellcheck. (no offense or anything, It's just you made a lot of mistakes and that can be corrected so easily.)

Bobfungus

Jun 6, 2004
I can't help there, but I got the idea from Zedmaestro, I remember him saying he used them for the execution sequence in Cosmos. Maybe you could look at how he set it up or ask him about it?