Brightness Variations

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PixelOp

Level Designer
Dec 6, 2004
New Jersey
www.sys-techs.com
Whenever I’m working with lighting, I’ll build and go into the game to test everything out, I notice there’s a huge variation in the brightness though. For example, what looks really dark in the UnrealEditor is actually quite seeable in the game.

Is the brightness in the UnrealEditor and the game different or something?

Thanks in advance.

You can change that. UED for me is very bright. Noticably 2x as bright as my in-game settings. I do that for mapping. Just adjust your settings in Options in your game, if that doesn't help you out, then I belive you go into your UED.ini and adjust the lighting there.

I know AM knows how to fix this, but as far as I can recall, that's it.

JonAzz

UA Mapper
Aug 1, 2003
North of Philadelphia
its the gamma settings... this is why I do not use -gamma :p

You'll have to play with it to get it to the setting that you like, I like mine at default and have never had a problem.