illimite WallDodge !!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cyber

Mar 7, 2004
Hello world, ;)

I want to create a mutator (UT 2004) which give to player the capacity of do illimite wall-dodge, as for exemple : in Prince Of Persia - Sand Of Time.
(walldodge = strafe thanks to a wall)

In the normal game, the player can walldodge only one time. When he hit ground, he can walldodge again.... me, i want to walldodge a wall to an another, and this indefinitely.

I already create my mutator and add some capacity to player (big jumps, ....) but to control walldodges is mysterious !! :(

my code : :rolleyes:
Code:
function ModifyPlayer(Pawn Other)
{
	local xPawn x;
	x = xPawn(Other);

if(Other != None)
	{
		// infinite wall dodge here ??
		x.bCanWallDodge 	= true;

// Also increase a bit the amount they jump each time
		x.MultiJumpBoost = 100;
	}

Super.ModifyPlayer(Other);
}
HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
THANK YOU.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyber

Mar 7, 2004
Illimite wall dodge without touch ground !!!!!!!!!!!

Mychaeel said:
There's no built-in limitation on the number of successive wall dodges a player can perform.

I not agree or my question isn't put very well OK !! :mad: :)

After a wall dodge, the player MUST touch ground before having the possibility to perform an another wall dodge !! :(

Me, i wish that the player can perform 1,2,3,.......10000 wall dodge without touch ground !! ;)

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Mychaeel

Hmm, right. I looked into the code responsible for wall-dodging, and there indeed isn't a built-in limitation for successive wall dodges. The limitation is on movements requiring a double click or double tap in general, and that's what Wormbo's mutator works around.