Infiltration CE update: what needs doing?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GalZohar

Feb 27, 2008
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
A few things that need to be done for sure:
-C7 mismatch with xplod server, I'd assume the CE one is not up to date?
-Remove UTcompass and possibly add it back with a different name so it doesn't mismatch.
-Add camos and faces used by current servers.
-Add psytex and have the installation create its shortcut.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Good suggestions, updated the list. As yet I've not found an installer which would do everything I'd like (i.e. work on Vista, modify ini files etc.), so I'm tempted, at least for the moment, to put together a zip-file to update the existing CE. I'm thinking I could also throw together a separate zip package with all of the co-op stuff in it, and some maps (suggestions please).

The plan is to have something done this month, it being Inf's 10th anniversary and all, but no promises :p.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
The plan is to have something done this month, it being Inf's 10th anniversary and all, but no promises :p.
Don't rush it just to meet an artificial deadline ;) - but if you need an installer beta-tester I'll volounteer.

IMO PsyTex should just be integrated with the next CE, no need to maintain compatibility since there are no non-psytex servers.
Didn't some guys complain their PCs ran slower with Psytex due to the larger texture size? Not that I'd care much, since even my old-old lappie ran Inf with Psytex on 1920x1200 on 40-60fps unless you hit smoke [but that was the same without Psytex].

What I'm actually asking myself is if it's possible to import (e.g. with UnrealEd or some Package Tool) a mesh (e.g. M16M203 third person) into a package (e.g. INF_Core) and replace the original one? Psy has been asking if it was possible to tilt the existing mesh so it actually looks better, which is possible, but due to some strange design parts of the M16A2 class I've not yet found an easy way to replace the mesh via mutator, without making new classes - replacing it in INF_Core [if possible] would be the easiest solution but obviously cause INF_Core mismatches, but if a new CE would have a different INF_Core anyway..

psytex psl in
I got few good maps on my disk soon on web
I will upload all maps again on my page soon must test 40 maps and then i will upload if u need maps? (need more free time my job will kill me.I work every day 12 hours)
I think i will upload in sunday when i come back from germany munchen Olympiastadion ac dc :D my 2nd concert 1 time in austria 1996)
Yea bayby yea new ce :D

Crowze do you maybe have thet site (is this your site?)http://realmaps.beyondunreal.com/
I would like to upload thet site on my page with working links to download maps.I would fix links
New CE for linux 2 or just windows?

Last edited:

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
All I need in terms of maps are those which are (or should or will be) played online, so basically I need to trawl through the servers and spy on their lists. If there's any I can't find I'll let you know :).

Gah, didn't notice when the RM links died... I'll look at it as soon as I find my login info. No need to mirror the site, but adding links to another file mirror should be easy enough (half of them already have links to the now-defunct combatmaps.com).

Linux is a possibility but a distant second priority - as I said before, I might just release a manual update archive and think about updating the full installer later. What I'd really like to do is to write an automatic downloader/installer/updater utility, which is relatively simple in theory but needs time to write.

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
There is nothing intrinsically different between the Windows&Linux version of UT/INF other than different binaries&configuration file.
For example, my current installation runs fine on both Windows and Linux.

There was a Linux installer for the CE, IMHO this was a bad idea in the first place, a simple tar archive works much better. (Same on Windows actually, although in a lesser degree).

what abouth onether tdm like in ut and other games when u die u respawn and team with batter score would win
2 tdm games in inf?

aboth maps i can upload on my webpage just tell me whitch maps and they will stay there fo ever and u will have links
I can upload new ce 2
I don t have file limit and i have more then 30gb,fast download no speed limit
thet is on my internet provider webpage

Last edited:

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
what abouth onether tdm like in ut and other games when u die u respawn and team with batter score would win
2 tdm games in inf?

facepalm-jean-luc02.jpg

I love almost all of the above except dtas and coop.(dtas is not soo bad but i don t liked very much)
Finally, I have 1 computer so that the peak would like to put 1 server but I do not know whether eas or ctf
I know eas will be allways ampty so also I know that no one will play though it feels very close to my heart and i miss eas.What do you think the game of the following would be ever played on this server if i start it?

GalZohar

Feb 27, 2008
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
I don't understand the hate for DTAS. Everything good that TDM can do, DTAS can do, but DTAS also does things that TDM doesn't. You just can't compare DTAS that was set up wrong (too long time limit, 2 required to cap, etc) to TDM set up properly (small maps and short "last player countdown"). If you're going to compare DTAS to TDM, set DTAS properly, that is, with short enough time limits and only require 1 to cap.

dtas 1.61 sux i tryed today on my server.If you change this isn dtas .ini MinPlayersPerTeam=3
AttackersNeeded=1
DefendersNeeded=4
on
MinPlayersPerTeam=2
AttackersNeeded=1
DefendersNeeded=1

lol when u restart server will be the same like it was in 1st time

Thet is sux
I hate dtas becouse in infiiltration u have eas and it s 500% batter for me
Dtas is borring for me
but no1 wan t play eas soo tdm is still the best game mode in inf
bouth gameplay eas or tdm need at list 14 players if i wanna have nice time in thet game for eas maybe 16-20 players or more :D

Last edited:

GalZohar

Feb 27, 2008
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
EAS has respawns, and those have proven to not work well in this game nor any other realistic games (by "don't work" I mean either mess up the gameplay or come at the cost of realism). Then again the EAS missions are too long / on big maps for a no-respawn game. That's why there's DTAS which works perfectly for any size map for a no-respawn game, and can re-use the same map over and over giving you a different game every time. Did you have random team spawn on when you tried running DTAS?

I don't know about the settings reverting, though.

well i stoped to play inf when euro server put in random team spawn mutator i hate thet mutator too.first time i play with thet mutator on american server.now i play time to time but time is change thet game is not the same for me anmore.1 of the reason is thet mutator 2nd no players left.It is still the best game for me but thet mutator was change the game.I don t like random team spawn.

GalZohar

Feb 27, 2008
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
Starting at the same place every time doing the same mission over and over gets boring fast. That's what usually kills other games once people get tired of their maps and community stops making new ones. With random team spawn you can play the same map over and over as if it was new, because you can never learn any "neat tricks" that are map-specific like you can in other games, which also ruins their realism since IRL you don't know exactly where the enemy can be at a given time - IRL you do a mission once and once only. DTAS with random team spawn brings you as close as possible to it.