UnrealSP.Org 10th Anniversary Speedmapping Contest

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
There was nothing political in sana's post. Besides, you expect people to read your posts (which are just as long); the least you could do is read through his.

I have read through it meanwhile, but it is utter BS and propaganda with bolded words to make it look like it's serious and that he's at power..the guy is like two years younger than me anyway, he has nothing to teach me, he's arrogant like hell. It's a wonder he became an admin because seriously, he used to be real punk over there.

Last edited:

Mman

Feb 15, 2010
and I know you personally don't like me anyway.

If I didn't know the full situation I would probably dislike you, but there have been various reliable sources saying you have genuine issues that lead to these outbursts. So I can take their word for it that you can't help it a lot of the time, and therefore blaming you too much for it would be unfair.

I didn't badmouth other people work, go to hell

Evidence to the contrary:

http://www.unrealsp.org/community/features/speedmap10/speedmap10-03.html

Seriously, third place? I mean I don't want to be trolling but it's just a single hallway, the screenshot covers everything in the map. Both Jet's and Shivaxi's scores are ridiculous and biased as hell, ten out of ten, seriously. No wonder it scored such high place then. It is just friends go altogether thing. Seriously, staying out of it..

Despite what I just said, sympathy is hard when you say things like this.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
Did you read the same post that I did?

Sana said that you had bad manners - that is completely true; if it was false, you wouldn't have posted that rant in the first place. Perhaps I misread your post, but "I had much more gameplay than any other maps in there. This proves UnrealSP has no idea about level design and will never really have" sounds like you're insulting both the judges and the mappers to me.

He also said that you expected something for providing services to the Unreal community. If that's a lie, then what is "I hosted the files as mirrors, fixed few maps so they could be compatible and this is all I get for my efforts and undying dedication"?

Things that happened in the past on UnrealSP don't matter to me, which is why I was initially for you being unbanned.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
LOL but I said I don't wanna be trolling, besides TIK wasn't insulted at all by my remark, it's true, that map is a single hallway technically. He wrote very good messages, yes, but cmon Shivaxi and Jet giving it 10 out of 10? That's full blown out. LOL

And Alcapowned, care to listen for a while? I just returned out of a long trip when I made the rant post and I only saw shit being thrown in my way, it was only natural reaction and I couldn't help it and couldn't stop it because of the great exhaustion.

I didn't expect to be a winner or somehting but I didn't expect to be literally shit on my head!

And what reliable sources MMan is talking about? Who's reliable? Seriously who? Every motherfucker can become admin, they are not a police. do I have to remind you that? They can be even criminals and nobody will know. Get it fucking straight in your head.

Last edited:

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
And Alcapowned, care to listen for a while?

I do it all the time. You should try it sometime.

I just returned out of a long trip when I made the rant post and I only saw shit being thrown in my way, it was only natural reaction and I couldn't help it and couldn't stop it because of the great exhaustion.

Then you should have been able to stop yourself with all of the other posts, even though you claimed to have rested.

Even if TIK's map didn't get those tens, your map could have been in the same place for all you know.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Delacroix and Uberserker mainly, plus you've said yourself that you were/are on medications along with other things.

Oh you mean THAT. Yeah, that's true, but my ilness is complex, it's not mental ilness on itself, but can result in outbursts and erratic behavior at times.

I do it all the time. You should try it sometime.

Then you should have been able to stop yourself with all of the other posts, even though you claimed to have rested.

Even if TIK's map didn't get those tens, your map could have been in the same place for all you know.

No I couldn't, because new shit started spurring in this thread, if it wasn't for sana's post now, it would be calm. Yes and? Still it makes my point about those two biased judges.

Last edited:

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
Quit kidding yourself. You posted several times after your initial rant, unless that also counts as 'slander'.

And no, it doesn't prove a point about the judges. I'd bet money that you would be complaining even if you were placed ahead of TIK's map.

Last edited:

Jet v4.3.5

Jun 28, 2009
Hi Leo. I hope you're not too upset about the score I gave you vs. TIK's score, or anyone else's for that matter. I wasn't aware that your life and reputation hung in the balance based on what I gave you, but it seems I was dreadfully wrong. I should have thought "y'know what, I may like TIK's map more, but Leo must REALLY need this 11/10 score really badly, so I better give it to him," but unfortunately, I didn't. I hereby give you an 8 out of 10 and TIK's a 1 out of 10 unofficially, as Sana is bound to deny a change such as that on UnrealSP. What an evil little bitch, that Sana. Anyway, I hope your life/soul/dog/balls aren't crushed as much as they were when I gave you that obviously unfair review. It was all my fault, and for such a terrible thing, I owe you so much, but have nothing to give, so please except my measly little offering, would you?

See, that's what I would have said if I was absolutely out of my mind. I'm not, though, because I like to think of myself as civilized and reasonable, which you no doubt are a hugeass fan of. Sarcasm, of course, plays a part in that last statement, unless, for your own sake, you rethink all of this for a little while when you're not staring at a computer screen. It seems that, though you're a very well-mannered person in most conversations, when you're given the opportunity to drastically overreact, you do, and it isn't founded on any factual basis whatsoever.

May I explain something for a moment? First, what made you angry? I mean, really, I've never looked quite that hard at the review schema at USP, and haven't currently attempted a huge review. Why then, if my finalized score was so off-track, are you getting upset about it? Don't answer me. These are questions you need to seriously ask yourself. I'll wait. Second, why are you basing your argument partially on the idea that I in particular must have decided to give you and TIK the scores you both got for shits and giggles? And the fact that you directly accuse either me or Shivaxi or both of us on biased collaboration against you is something I can't fathom, and that is something I'd like to get an answer to. As far as I know, it's not true. I won't speak for Shivaxi. He might have done it, but I don't know. All that I do know is that you didn't know that I was scoring you based on my own singular opinion, at least not for sure, but you still went ahead and threw me in because of the numbers I gave you. "Must be sabotage if my Unreal level gets a bad score."

After I read the other judge's reviews, I accepted their opinions and agreed that the points they brought up were fine and dandy, and then I put it out of my mind because I don't live to act as your personal hellbeast, and neither does anyone else online, for that matter. Then you toss me into the bullshit pot a few days later and say I'm an awful person because you detected something offensive in me? If you recall, I've spoken to you before, and I've never been hostile to you because you've never given me reason to be. Now you have, get it? And I just don't understand what went through your mind when you thought it would be a good idea to straight-out accuse me of an intention that I never had. I will note that I'm not particularly pissed about all of this as much as I'm extremely curious as to why, for the love of God, you decided I was one of your enemies and put me on your world-encompassing blacklist. Think to yourself: "What does Jet gain from the score he gave me, what do I gain from the score he gave me, and why would there be a conspiracy in the first place? SERIOUSLY, WHERE DO I GET WITH THIS FREAKOUT I'VE STARTED?!"

pcube

Jun 22, 2011
Ok I was asked to post here so please don't shoot me for it. -- Screw it. Can I have 3 infraction points please? Thank you.

I think it's pretty dumb that plenty of people on BuF consistently tell Leo to kill himself, yet Leo gets an infraction for name calling. Think about it. Which is more serious?

There is definitely a bias towards Leo in the entire Unreal community. I urge the posters here to please try to consider that Leo has been going through a lot of trouble lately, particularly regarding his health, and honestly, in his position, I wouldn't even have it in me to make a post.

But apart from that, it's clear that there is a bias towards/against Leo. As Sana said, he felt that he had to give Leo extra points to compensate for... something like this I guess. I strongly urge everyone here to try to not take this so seriously. Leo, you don't need to swear or insult people to get your point across, but I do recognize a bit where he's coming from. Leo has shown me evidence that clearly shows a negative bias in the voting panel... but in my opinion, this is getting kind of ridiculous since, as previously mentioned, the point of the contest was to _create maps_...

I realize that I appear to be a "random" third party, but I've been friends with Leo for a long time and speak in what I believe to be the best interests of everyone. Leo has a point. Obviously there are biases against him (just look at how many threads here have tags that insult him) and nobody gets an infraction for it. We should at least recognize that there is a bias, and if possible, apologize for any past bs. Leo, I think that you should honestly also realize that some of this bias is a result of your reactions to peoples' responses.

I think that it would be best for everyone if this topic was locked, if that's at all possible (or if everyone could simply focus on the topic at hand -- the mapping contest results!).

To get back on topic -- I was thoroughly impressed with all of the entries, my favorite being (no surprise) Turboman's Triamids map (beautifully executed in terms of both visuals, scaling and plot!) and I've been inspired to join in the next mapping contest that UnrealSP holds. :)

Edit: @Al Even though what you're saying may have some truth to it, to me it seems like your discussion with Leo's just turning into a personal mudslinging fight, and it's only making both of you waste your time. As his final response to you, Leo said he wouldn't bet anything, but he'd be willing to take your money if you're handing it out. :p

Last edited:

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
I reckon a great skill to have on the internet is a chill attitude to everything :p getting personal in the world of text never turns out well. If everyone is in it for the lulz I say it's fine to get jokingly worked up about shit, but taking everything so seriously isn't healthy.

random edit sidenote: how the hell did i get >1000 posts here? I'm barely ever on! WTF! :lol:

Last edited:

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
Quick question: who is Sanastro? That's supposed to be sana, right?

@Leo: The contest was supposed to be for fun. Personally, I liked your map. At the end of the day, scores or what place you got in shouldn't matter. Just because your map didn't get a very high score doesn't mean that nobody liked your map. You contributed a map to the contest, and you should be proud of it.

Mman

Feb 15, 2010
There is definitely a bias towards Leo in the entire Unreal community. I urge the posters here to please try to consider that Leo has been going through a lot of trouble lately, particularly regarding his health, and honestly, in his position, I wouldn't even have it in me to make a post.

...Leo has shown me evidence that clearly shows a negative bias in the voting panel...

Cause and effect. There's a bias towards Leo specifically because of threads like this, and physical/mental conditions are difficult to portray online, so people can't really be blamed for not taking them into account.

Also, rather than just taunting with it, please show this damning evidence of bias. Stating that UnrealSP is doing these things without showing any actual proof of it? THAT is slander.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Ok, I'm putting an end to this thread. Any more quarrels and whatnot, leave it to private messages and preferably unrealsp.org, if you must. (and leave me out of it please! With all respect, but I do not wish to be part of this at all! I come here because I still enjoy playing UT and Unreal. And that's it!)

But this is over. I'll just leave it at that.

"Lovely" tags b.t.w. ...

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
One more post though, as I just got a message from Leo. He wants to apologize for the entire flamewar.

Works for me.

And Leo, next time get some proper sleep first,looks like you need it. If you feel it's getting too much for you, step away from the computer and do something that relaxes you. You decide.

Just some advice, that's all.

And it looks like some other people can use that advice as well.

Now back to your regular Unreality postings!

Status
Not open for further replies.