Current Models

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
Here is my work from the last two days. I have a second UV channel for the editor to use for lightmaps. The center image shows my old and new elevator, with vertex lighting. The three around the sides show the new grain elevator with lightmapping.

Attachments

• lightmapVersesVertexLighting.jpg
    lightmapVersesVertexLighting.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 33

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Looking pretty sweet Steve! I've got to get some screens of my map up here at some point (it's progressing quite well actually, I've just got to sort out what I'm going to do about set-pieces for it).

Obviously with normal mapping in place these things will come to life and look higher-poly, how are you going to do the normals? Generate them or model them?

With the textures in use, I'd suggest just procedurally generating them with something like mapZone since there's nothing "special" (e.g. insignia or text or something) in the textures that couldn't be made procedurally.

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Sounds awesome, work is still progressing really well on my Cavern-map. I'm torn between adding lava or not as I think it looks pretty good without it tbh. I'll upload some shots for you guys soon