UE2 - UT2kX stupid editor problems...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tehLazyPirate

Nov 21, 2005
ok, this is just down right stupid

i have a BSP brush, and i want subtract a ****ing hole into it. but when i do that, everything else around it gets subtracted, and a hole gets added... i tried swaping the order, but then the subtraction doesnt work at all. even after redoing the subtraction it cuts out a huge piece of the bsp and just adds the SUBTRACTION brush back in... what the **** is wrong with this editor?

if anyone has any idea whats happening please share.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Sounds like you have a BSP-Hole in your map.

That or you somehow twisted your Builder Brush via negative draw scaling or by not using the 2d-Shape-Editor correctly. If this is your problem it should be fixed by resetting the brush with the option of the same name.

I guess it's a BSP-Hole though. Look it up on google if you don't know what it is. There is a lot of info on that matter but nothing definitive. If you can't find anything that helps you, post again and maybe even upload your map if you are really desperate, so we can take a look at it and maybe fix it for you or at least tell you what you did wrong. This is a bit of a complex issue.

tehLazyPirate

Nov 21, 2005
Sounds like you have a BSP-Hole in your map.

That or you somehow twisted your Builder Brush via negative draw scaling or by not using the 2d-Shape-Editor correctly. If this is your problem it should be fixed by resetting the brush with the option of the same name.

I guess it's a BSP-Hole though. Look it up on google if you don't know what it is. There is a lot of info on that matter but nothing definitive. If you can't find anything that helps you, post again and maybe even upload your map if you are really desperate, so we can take a look at it and maybe fix it for you or at least tell you what you did wrong. This is a bit of a complex issue.

ok... it was the negative brush thing... i guess i didnt know there could be negative values for it. the position of the brush just made it easier to edit the vertex by pulling them past themselves (if that makes sense) which must've given it that negative value. thanks (i feel like an idiot now :lol: )