UT3 IRC

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

D2F[Rob]

Mar 14, 2008
Some of you might have feared joining IRC because you think it is too complex. If this is the reason why you missed out on the fun and useful things an IRC client can deliver, then UT3 IRC is perfect for you. This is a pre-configured version of mIRC released by Fribble and Rob, specifically for the UT3 community. The client automatically connects you to three different networks, EnterTheGame, Quakenet and GameRadius. It also has twenty-eight channels built in, so you can join the channel you want in just two clicks of your mouse.

Some channels included are very new, whereas others are well established, all of them though are a great place to meet friends, join games and make the most out of UT3. Read on for a few examples of what's included

#mpukunreal.warfare on quakenet. This is the pickup channel for justwarfare.com and lets you play and chat with us!
#ut3.ictf on quakenet. The largest European ICTF pickup channel
#beyondunreal on ETG. The channel for beyondunreal.com
#ut3tdm on Gameradius. The TDM pickup for america
#ut3.coverage on Quakenet. Coverage of live UT3 matches
#mpukunreal.duel. New Duel pickup with multiple servers available.

Download now! : http://clanservers.multiplay.co.uk/ftpfiles.php?fid=17595

Also included in the client is the UT3 server browser, skUT3, which has been made by ScorpSSS. This browser lets you filter servers by a variety of features, even by which country they are in. On top of that you can join them just as you would ingame.

For help you can either use the help channel provided in UT3 IRC (#ut3irc on quakenet) or use the forums at http://forum.justwarfare.com/viewforum.php?f=41

D2F[Rob]

Mar 14, 2008
Ah, Haarg should have said about #fragbu when i asked if I could include #beyondunreal. Will make sure to include it in the next release :)

Tweakd

Multiplayer notepad ftw!
Feb 20, 2008
Scotland
Very handy. Thanks so much!

How about including a Modding section to the available channels? I also this #ut3.practice should be included.

This has definitely replaced vanilla mirc for me.

[DUF]-Fragger

Jul 9, 2002
The Netherlands
Great program, just downloaded yesterday and its very good.

I have one question, i few community's that i know are on #globalgamers.net, how do i add another server-connection to it?
I'm very new to mirc so i have really no clue.

Thanks for the great program :)

Gr Fragger

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
And remember folks, be sure to come to irc.GameRadius.net which is the home of the rest of the UT community on the IRC, including the UT99 and UT3 PUG (pickup-games) match communities. Come to #speedpug for UT99 matches and #ut3tdm and #ut3ctf to learn more.

Last edited:

LooseCannon

... but it's not pink ... ooh yes it is!
Oct 27, 2004
Hampshire, UK

I have one question, i few community's that i know are on #globalgamers.net, how do i add another server-connection to it?

I'll have a guess. BACKUP/COPY before you try it.

Adding another irc server:
Edit \UT3IRCv2\scripts\UT3Startup.ini (when mIRC is running, this is Tools / Script Editor, on the Remote tab and select View of the script in question; sorry for being vague, but I've not installed Rob/Ikkuh's version); add "/server -m irc.blahblahblah.org" along side the other such lines, without the speech marks.

Adding another channel in an irc server already setup:
Edit \UT3IRCv2\scripts\UT3Alias.ini; add another /joinall #chanName line in the appropriate server block; note that only Qnet and GR servers are in UT3Alias.ini to start with, so you'll have to add another section if you've added a server as above; just copy/paste/amend...

GLHF! :D