Cannot bind "Tab", looking for mutator, and shutting off autotaunt

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Maktaka

Aug 30, 2004
After reinstalling UT3 for the Titan Pack, I decided to fix a niggling issue that I've had with the game. I'm trying to bind "Tab" to be the show scores command like in every other shooter I play. I got the quick console rebound to F1 just fine, but every time I try binding Tab to GBA_ShowScores by replacing the binding in UTInput.ini in My Documents, it is reset when the game loads. I can't replace the binding, I can't add a new binding after it, it's always overwritten and the changes ignored. I've tried to locate wherever the default info is stored that keeps overwriting my settings but haven't found anything in My Docs or the UT install directory.

On a completely unrelated note, I was wondering if anyone knew of a CTF mutator that requires players to carry the flag back to base, not just touch it. I found one on the official forums that was for 1.0, but it is no longer compatible with the game (causes crashes to desktop). Anyone know of a mutator that can do this?

Finally, I'm trying to find a way to shut off autotaunts from other players and bots without completely disabling voice commands. Hearing the bots say they're going for the shield belt gives me a heads up that its respawned (and I should try to snatch it first), but I can't get that utility without having to hear "Suck it" from them every 10 seconds when they score a kill on the other side of the map.

Thanks for any help on any of those.

Maktaka

Aug 30, 2004
Yeah, I got that changed to F1 just fine. I can't reassign Tab to showing scores now that it's free though. Pressing it in the game's setup does not register, and it's reset if I try to change it in the ini file. The binding that keeps reverting is under [UTGame.UTPlayerInput], while the binding in [Engine.PlayerInput] works fine, but is apparently not used because hitting Tab does nothing.

R.Flagg

Feb 15, 2000
Visit site
After reinstalling UT3 for the Titan Pack, I decided to fix a niggling issue that I've had with the game. I'm trying to bind "Tab" to be the show scores command like in every other shooter I play. I got the quick console rebound to F1 just fine, but every time I try binding Tab to GBA_ShowScores by replacing the binding in UTInput.ini in My Documents, it is reset when the game loads. I can't replace the binding, I can't add a new binding after it, it's always overwritten and the changes ignored. I've tried to locate wherever the default info is stored that keeps overwriting my settings but haven't found anything in My Docs or the UT install directory.

On a completely unrelated note, I was wondering if anyone knew of a CTF mutator that requires players to carry the flag back to base, not just touch it. I found one on the official forums that was for 1.0, but it is no longer compatible with the game (causes crashes to desktop). Anyone know of a mutator that can do this?

Finally, I'm trying to find a way to shut off autotaunts from other players and bots without completely disabling voice commands. Hearing the bots say they're going for the shield belt gives me a heads up that its respawned (and I should try to snatch it first), but I can't get that utility without having to hear "Suck it" from them every 10 seconds when they score a kill on the other side of the map.

Thanks for any help on any of those.

Dude... Hi! I agree with all that you've posted here, we should play sometime. :)

Sadly though, I can only help with one of your requests.

But, Even after over a year, I keep patiently waiting, hoping for a fix for the others (and more, of course). Maybe someday.

About using tab to show scores, I'm using that now, and it does work. I googled it and found the info here...

http://www.hardforum.com/archive/index.php/t-1245728.html

File: UTInput.ini
Another bind that I used in UT2004 (which comes from my days playing Quake 1 and 2), is to press the Tab key to show the scores. I like to know when I’m getting pwned and who’s doing it, so I check the scoreboard a couple times a round. This binding will allow you to press the Tab key to show scores, and it will only keep it open for as long as you hold the key down. To do this, you must first unbind the default setting for Tab, as shown below:

[Engine.Console]
Typekey=Backslash (or any other key)

I’m not sure what Typekey does, but it’s new to UT3 and from what I understand, it’s only used by developers. Now, add the following line in two sections, as shown below

[Engine.PlayerInput] and [UTGame.UTPlayerInput]
Bindings=(Name="Tab",Command="ShowScores | Onrelease ShowScores",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

About the carrying the flag back to base... Lord Yes! Although I don't have an answer for you on that one. Really, really wish I did though.

Just for conversation though..., it was how our mod's version of CTF worked in UT2004 ( http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/docs/ctf_ut2004.php ), and if we still had a coder, it'd be working that way in UT3 right now. Wish all CTF worked that way. Especially VCTF, as it just makes sooo much more sense.

And finally, Yes, Auto-taunts suck balls. Always have. It's a no-brainer that there should be a GUI option to shut them all off. Clearly.

Have fun! And just like Ziggy said in Rock 'N Roll Suicide... You're not alone!!