XMP USA Players for the Hall of Fame

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

garbage

a.k.a. Del!Rium
Oct 23, 2005
Holland>all
www.tbc-xmp.co.uk
i was told there was this Japanese guy who was new to XMP but was pro, came to an american server and destroyed everyone, including quite a few of the good players mentioned.

I know who you mean, but he was a notorious cheater, saw some footage to prove it aswell. Can't seem to remember his name tho, what a shame:(..

BTW the lan thing, it would probably be Euro
Tbh, I've never really played against the best US players much, because US servers obviously don't have an advantageous (not sure if that's a word) ping for me, but from what I remember it'd be mostly euros indeed to top my list of uberXMPppl (pot, sHcL etc). But again, hard to measure between 60ping and 180ping games.

Man, these topics always make me wanna watch XMPTVs :')

edit: To keep it on topic, I'll surely say Lei should be there, and there was this +D+ guy who impressed me aswell once, in a euro server, he did tell me who he was, but can't remember his name either. There were some more I should remember, but I sadly just don't. The only ones I can recall being awesome for sure atm would be (as mentioned so often before) Grasshopper and Nept.

Last edited:

nbk-RED

XMP Beta Tester
Jun 1, 2004
Dere's a live juggzzernawt heer! Long time no talk, all. I'd like to give my top 5. But before I do, please consider that this list is hypothetical. Anthraxx and Nept didn't ever play a map together. How would you decide who was better? Etc.. A lot of these players started owning it up early on when everyone was still wet behind the ears and in beta. Also, a lot of them came into the game after many vets had given up on xmp. These players were owning it up on the left-overs.

Rangers:
Nept-because he was a pioneer, and could come back to the game after a year and own like it was riding a bike for him.)

Choke- same reasons

Me- Being as honest as possible without any intentional trashing... unlike Det (who WAS very hard to kill) I didn't force people to remember me by talking endless sh1t, and Hopper, who used beta to learn to be a good ranger months before anyone installed the game. Both good players, but very able to be killed. I tried to let my # of kills (not score) do the talking. I'm just glad ppl remember NBK as GGz. WERD.

Techs:
Lei- guy could move fast as a ranger with tech class. I dare you to doubt it... he still has the game installed and will probably want to show you lol. Plain and simple Lei wins maps.

Puppets: Pioneer, was playing like lei before lei installed the game lol.. Dunno who was better b/c I never had the pleasure of witnessing a duel.

Detective: Guy was a menace and his shotgun x-hair was taped to your head. Not fun for rangers... ever.

Gunners:
Filter: Pioneer and could lock a node down like no other.
Jimmeh: Champion cross-dresser (<3) pioneer (look at all the copied jump videos)
Warlock: Dude could pick your f&*king car up with one arm and fix the transmission with the other. The fact that he didn't crush his mouse on accident while owning face still amazes me.

There you have it. Let the flames begin! (but really dont let them begin)
<3 all

PS: Anthraxx came waay late. He was nbk for ut99/2k4. He learned really fast but can't count imo. Detective didn't shine as a ranger until most of the competition was lost. I will definately give him tech though, since he was playing that when people still scrim'd. I'm sure I have missed people. Sorry in advance.

Mar 6, 2004
I know who you mean, but he was a notorious cheater, saw some footage to prove it aswell. Can't seem to remember his name tho, what a shame:(..

Tbh, I've never really played against the best US players much, because US servers obviously don't have an advantageous (not sure if that's a word) ping for me, but from what I remember it'd be mostly euros indeed to top my list of uberXMPppl (pot, sHcL etc). But again, hard to measure between 60ping and 180ping games.

Man, these topics always make me wanna watch XMPTVs :')

edit: To keep it on topic, I'll surely say Lei should be there, and there was this +D+ guy who impressed me aswell once, in a euro server, he did tell me who he was, but can't remember his name either. There were some more I should remember, but I sadly just don't. The only ones I can recall being awesome for sure atm would be (as mentioned so often before) Grasshopper and Nept.

That +D+ was Det. He could dominate on US servers as much as he could on euro servers.

+D+Morphine

Mar 6, 2004
Dere's a live juggzzernawt heer! Long time no talk, all. I'd like to give my top 5. But before I do, please consider that this list is hypothetical. Anthraxx and Nept didn't ever play a map together. How would you decide who was better? Etc.. A lot of these players started owning it up early on when everyone was still wet behind the ears and in beta. Also, a lot of them came into the game after many vets had given up on xmp. These players were owning it up on the left-overs.

Rangers:
Nept-because he was a pioneer, and could come back to the game after a year and own like it was riding a bike for him.)

Choke- same reasons

Me- Being as honest as possible without any intentional trashing... unlike Det (who WAS very hard to kill) I didn't force people to remember me by talking endless sh1t, and Hopper, who used beta to learn to be a good ranger months before anyone installed the game. Both good players, but very able to be killed. I tried to let my # of kills (not score) do the talking. I'm just glad ppl remember NBK as GGz. WERD.

Techs:
Lei- guy could move fast as a ranger with tech class. I dare you to doubt it... he still has the game installed and will probably want to show you lol. Plain and simple Lei wins maps.

Puppets: Pioneer, was playing like lei before lei installed the game lol.. Dunno who was better b/c I never had the pleasure of witnessing a duel.

Detective: Guy was a menace and his shotgun x-hair was taped to your head. Not fun for rangers... ever.

Gunners:
Filter: Pioneer and could lock a node down like no other.
Jimmeh: Champion cross-dresser (<3) pioneer (look at all the copied jump videos)
Warlock: Dude could pick your f&*king car up with one arm and fix the transmission with the other. The fact that he didn't crush his mouse on accident while owning face still amazes me.

There you have it. Let the flames begin! (but really dont let them begin)
<3 all

PS: Anthraxx came waay late. He was nbk for ut99/2k4. He learned really fast but can't count imo. Detective didn't shine as a ranger until most of the competition was lost. I will definately give him tech though, since he was playing that when people still scrim'd. I'm sure I have missed people. Sorry in advance.

IT'S RED!!! hey red, come back to xmp and bring stinkey Lei with you. :p this is ho/Green.

As for Det...he got MUCH better once he became [pet]. I am biased though, since we were buds and stuff.

nbk-Lei

XMP Beta Tester
Jul 14, 2004
There's probably about 20 people for each class that I could name, and I'm sure I'll forget at least a few that deserve to be on the list. It's been a WHILE, so cut me some slack if I forget a few. Here's the ones that stand out to me, in no particular order:

Gunner

Jimmeh
CoNNeR
Fleury
Filter
PRG
Zaknafein

Tech

Anthraxx
AndyB
Puppets
Detta (Technically Euro, but played with an all US clan. Would have been scary to see him with lower ping.)

Ranger

RED
Nept
Choke
Det
Xixax/Kenshin

These are the first names that came to me, and I'm sure I'll think of at least a few more to add after I hit 'submit'.

Last edited:

Ðetta

ºØmníºÐetta
Jan 23, 2004
UK
icon_love.gif
Lei. We played with Euro pings quite a few times, but I would have been a ranger.
icon_wink.gif

p.s. I was a better Tech then Nept.

nbk-Lei

XMP Beta Tester
Jul 14, 2004
There's no way you were a better tech than Nept. That was HIS class! He played nothing but it.

Ðetta

ºØmníºÐetta
Jan 23, 2004
UK
lol, that's the first thing I laughed at when he linked me to the thread.
icon_wink.gif

Đetta™ says:
lol, why are people remembering you as a tech?
Gray® says:
lol I dunno

Come play Legions with us.

PETsnake

www.p3t.org bitch
Feb 25, 2004
My favorite ranger was a dude that played for V3 named optimal, back in the demo days, and first few months of xmp release, if there are many left from back then. Good to see many of you are still around

nbk-Lei

XMP Beta Tester
Jul 14, 2004
YO SNAKE! Optimal was pretty damn good, hard to compare him against rangers that came later on though. V3 had a bunch of solid players..RichieT, Bodom etc. Another team that was very good early on was ugodz. Pretty sure our first scrim/match was vs them.

BlueX

Soldier
Nov 21, 2004
www.nightfallsnow.com
sweet deal. im startin to get a general idea as for who should be put into the NA HoF because the amount of people that are droppin the same names. wish i coulda played in some scrims.

Last edited: