WAR-Tropico Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
U

Unregistered

The map should probably be placed in the best visuals for a level category. After a lot of playing with this map I do see some problems for this as a top tier WarFare level.

First of all there are no AVRiLs and when you have Manta's on a level you really need these. Some people are good at using other weapons on vehicles but I am accustomed to using these on pretty much every vehicle I come across in the game.

Also for a vehicular WarFare map, which is what all WarFare levels should be in my opinion of course, the author only used three vehicles and that is pretty slim selection given there are 11 vehicles to choose from. Perhaps using Vipers and the Nightshade/Scavenger would have worked well.

Also there are no pickups and that away from some of the strategic elements this game employs and there is not much to begin with. Some armor and a couple of health kegs would have been welcome as well as a Berserk and/or Redeemer weapon.

And to wrap this up a couple of support nodes and alternate node setups would have been nice and given the level a more Epic feeling. A nice soundtrack for the level would push this over the top. Now if you could update you level with some of these ideas that would be one fantastic level.

But make no mistake aesthetically the level is excellent, it is just the gameplay elements that could benefit from more work. One bug I noticed is that sometimes the core explosion animation does not work correctly and nothing visually interesting happens even though the audio for the explosion still sounds the same. Good luck.

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Well I have to say that if you added the following elements this would be a really good Warfare level and not just a fantastic looking level in UT3:

- ARViLs
- Powerups and/or a superweapon (the Invisibility would be great on this level since you can easily blend in with the surroundings)
- Support nodes
- More node set ups
- More than three vehicles
- Armor and superhealth pickups

Good luck if you decide to make an SE version. Again visually this map is a winner but its the gameplay aspects that need improvement for this to be a truly great WarFare level.