Unreal PSX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
There won't be, unless the project lead will give it to me or release it (but as a patch for Unreal, replacing it with the specific Unreal PSX version files (as they differed from originals), you would make separate unreal install and then patch it), but given that he never responded to me directly, that is a problem.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Update: Eric Reuter has given permission to release his levels, if anyone finds them.

Also...I am adjusting Kagle's maps for a more oriented coop mappack, music is included in all levels, plus some fixes are made(respawning needed items for coop, once only trigger not in coop, exploding walls actors adjusted to have proper textures (I guess in the import it was nullified originally), E2L6B fixed crate collision, moved it bit to side, also changed position of nalifruits so they don't get in the way of the invisible block mover when it moves out, added new platform so you don't have to lose health when falling, etc), the maps are renamed to _f versions, I got it done, but one map is remaining and I had idea of making alternate version of E2L6B, with an asbestos suit locker, added nitrogen sliths and water changed to nitrogen...

EDIT: I am almost finished, but I can't rebuild E2L7A (when I wanted to move the first water flow bit up, because at different game speed you do not progress well and I guess on too fast computers too, you get stuck in between), it gets broken, I wonder how Kagle did it so he could rebuild it without bsp errors.
I am struggled about music choice, I wanted to use underworld, a beta track, but it sounds broken on fmod and openal, but many users sadly use these nowadays. :(
ANother choice was unrcirc(solitarry silhiutte) and inoxx track, deep chill. WHich one should I use?

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
WHew...I am so tired, that E2L7A_F was pain to rebuild (took me two days until I got the values somehow right, even though you can see sometimes other room from main area, I had better rebuilt, but that one had semi block for players in the water sphere part, it was bypassable, but still blocked way) and one mover had visible holes, thank god I found some new methods, aztec was nothing compared to that ad I only changed position of one damn brush, so that water flow works better.....sigh

I should receive medal for that rebuild, try rebuild it from scratch and see what I mean.

http://www.esnips.com/doc/ca14b02d-65c8-40ad-950e-4f75674f9756/UPSXcoop

Anyway this is first version, it can be changed later..check readmes..I am falling dead by now....

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
No you don't need account, I only had it in wrong folder, it now works even without logging in. Just click on the download upsxcoop.rar

UPSXcoop.rar - new link if the old one fails.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Yeah I noticed you added it already, anyway one word of warning at these maps, I didn't add fov 90 at the cameras etc, it is set at 0 which means it uses player's current fov, but if you zoom with sniperrifle in and then go to cutscene, the fov will stay as if zoomed and only way to reset it is use command fov...I forgot to change that, but it's not that much of a problem I guess. It is more fault of the way it was coded, these actors.

EDIT: I forgot to change item name of that new scubagear as I changed that way fast and added the respawning ones, also funny is they respawn in ut singleplayer, because I didn't add check for the oldskool. And when you progress through levels you will get multiple scubagears, s they are each class on their own. :lol:

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I released a MH map out of two first maps (also included is MH like map for Unreal):

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=2394236#post2394236

As for the rest...I might be getting closer to recover the other stuff, I talked with Cliff Bleszinsky recently and he actually liked the idea of recovering stuff (that means even the betas, so if RoninMastaFX reads it, it might be time to get things going, if you can reach the betas again) and that he can make it legal, but of course cannot promise that all will sign off.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
I had emailed Inoxx about some time back about some of the old maps like Cryoxx and others and he replied they are probably lost forever, that makes the betas so valuable that were saved (and I am aware of the attitude about betas) which makes me hope the work we have done is appreciated.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Well...I keep waiting for answers and I emailed DE already too. Although I expect replies after New Year.

I have traced down a really major thing, 4 gigs of something. Might get released soon if we are lucky. Won't reveal much more for now. No, not Unreal PSX related, but it is Unreal stuff nonethless.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
If the beta etc recovery will fail from official sources, as in they won't have them...I guess what is best is asking on various forums (and as many as possible, that means we should go all ask around, it is just asking, not releasing it to public, so it should be fine, we should mention that we aim to keep it as much legal as possible and that we may get permission from Epic, but that it is not stopping anyone from asking around and gathering the people who can release it and if it will be released, we might contact someone to actually include CD checks and stuff, or install checks, beacuse Unreal Anthology can be a little troublemaking and as Cliff Bleszinsky told me, he can't say directly no to me, to not look for the stuff), for people who have them, this person I met proves that people still have various unreleased Unreal stuff.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
There has been technical problems about this lately and as for answers, I just got one, not so happy about it now. It seems that Cliff can't do much about it, unless I find the content, he could try nudging the legal department, but that it is not even guarantee because the studio needs to "legally protect" itself.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I somehow doubt they will. Even Nathan Silvers is not conformable with released his levels now...I might just drop the hunting altogether....too bad...I was on the way to receive lots of other stuff...I might not release anything anymore at all. All the effort is going nowhere anyway.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
In the past we have never been able to receive unreleased Unreal stuff by Epic and relatives. That will never change, what a bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.